It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: SF PODCAST LIVE: S10.E8 PIT @ KC Wednesday 11am Eastern
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:43 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
I totally agree on the redzone.....i think its pretty much our fatal flaw....

Oh a double move from the two doesn’t strike your fancy?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:58 pm 
Orangesteel wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

I havent intently analyzed it. Perhaps it was a great play.

The math suggests the redzone is a bad spot for us. Off the top of my head. Perhaps the worst of the playoff teams the last several years running

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:03 pm 
Additionally.....you can make a case our top 4 or 5 best ways to combat that are a ways off. In any order...

Mobile/in shape? Ben
Bryant missing more than a year of football
Bell holdout
Rookie learning curve JuJu
Capable TE not yet on roster?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:12 pm 
The other side of that coin is.....3 of those could be very different at the end of the season....

I think this team very well could be the team with the worst record that sneaks into the playoffs that no one wants to see....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:12 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

I havent intently analyzed it. Perhaps it was a great play.

The math suggests the redzone is a bad spot for us. Off the top of my head. Perhaps the worst of the playoff teams the last several years running

Don’t bother. It wasn’t.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:32 am 

Championship

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:59 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Thanks guys. One of the best ones I can remember.

It’s either always darkest before the light, or always darkest before it’s pitch black. What will it be?

This show was so much like the one we did in 2008 after the Philly game, it's uncanny.

If I can find it, I'll upload today.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:04 pm 

Nice podcast fellas. Thanks. A comment or two and a question :

I don’t think BR’s release is as fast as it used to be. His body rotation, turning his shoulders at the waist, isn’t as quick. And he lacks bounce to be able to make micro adjustments finding passing lanes. Totally flat footed. His passes are also on average are sailing high in the last couple of years. The pass to Eli Rogers last year to seal a playoff game was high. Very high, and he was lucky rogers made a spectacular catch. I agree with FC. BR is lazy and doesn't pose a threat to run or scramble finding the open man. But I also agree guys aren’t trying to get open when plays break down. I’m guessing they all think the ball is going to AB even if he’s triple covered, so what’s the point? I'm not saying BR can't win, but protecting himself seems to be more a priority as he grows older. Like I said in another thread, I've seen him throw the ball away more times in the first five games than the last five years. Seems like it anyway.

And yes, tomlin isn’t dropping the hammer when he should. But the way this team behaves is a direct reflection of the "me first" society we live in. Narcissism has dominated in that community is ignored. It's actually frowned upon.

But I like the idea of running Bryant and Hunter down the side line a few times in a row to wind the CB’s. Would have an effect elsewhere on the field as well.

And can you give me some background on the opening music?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:39 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Nice podcast fellas. Thanks. A comment or two and a question :

I don’t think BR’s release is as fast as it used to be. His body rotation, turning his shoulders at the waist, isn’t as quick. And he lacks bounce to be able to make micro adjustments finding passing lanes. Totally flat footed. His passes are also on average are sailing high in the last couple of years. The pass to Eli Rogers last year to seal a playoff game was high. Very high, and he was lucky rogers made a spectacular catch. I agree with FC. BR is lazy and doesn't pose a threat to run or scramble finding the open man. But I also agree guys aren’t trying to get open when plays break down. I’m guessing they all think the ball is going to AB even if he’s triple covered, so what’s the point? I'm not saying BR can't win, but protecting himself seems to be more a priority as he grows older. Like I said in another thread, I've seen him throw the ball away more times in the first five games than the last five years. Seems like it anyway.

And yes, tomlin isn’t dropping the hammer when he should. But the way this team behaves is a direct reflection of the "me first" society we live in. Narcissism has dominated in that community is ignored. It's actually frowned upon.

But I like the idea of running Bryant and Hunter down the side line a few times in a row to wind the CB’s. Would have an effect elsewhere on the field as well.

And can you give me some background on the opening music?

I wrote the music in 2008 for the first season. Same with the music bed that plays under the end of show. Do you need your own theme music?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:33 pm 

Save this one for the deep archives

Totally on point and I think you all could have beaten on them further

Not enough indictments on Tomlin and Haley