It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jesse James calls out game planning aka coaching
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:50 am 

This is a deja vu moment from last season. The defense was dysfunctional and it took some changes ( like starting Harrison) to turn it around. I think the Justin Hunter experiment has run its course. Rodgers will get a hat this week. How long until they sign Ayers off the street to return punts?

Now if everyone in the NFL has a copy of Haley's playbook it is time to let him go and try something else.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:17 am 

fortythree wrote:
Kinda funny coming from this dude seeing as the offense gets considerably worse when he's on the field.

But if someone is gonna call out Haley I'm all for it.

Indeed. An earlier poster in the thread pointed out that what JJ said is nothing to get worked up about bc what he said is so obvious to everyone.

Forgive me, but if it is obvious to everyone and our average TE is complaining about it to reporters, it seems like a pretty big fucking deal. The offense is absurd. I wonder whether Tomlin thinks it's just and all and only a failure to execute.

I NEVER complain about Tomlin. I'm getting fed up with him allowing Haley to continue the course.

But maybe it's true and the talent has fallen off a cliff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:25 am 

I truly don't know what to make of JJ as a TE. Nearly all of the routes I see him run it to go out 5 or so yards and button hook. I rarely if ever see him attacking the seems, forcing a Safety to center of the field. Maybe he is incapable of it, but I have't seen that route tree for him at all, not even in trying. Can't say I have seen it with Grimble or anyone since Heath retired. So, that sort of stuff would fall on the shoulders of Haley. You can rip JJ's production, but it doesn't seem that they are using him anywhere near how they used Miller, yet the playbook is the same with many TE pages torn out. If JJ is incapable of that route tree, then the coaching staff (Tomlin, Haley) and Colbert have really fucked up not finding a TE that can run those routes. A good TE keeps the Safety's at home, allowing your outside receivers more freedom on their side of the field. As it is now, teams double AB and cheat their SS into the box to account for Bell. Terrible coaching!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:11 pm 

It seems that a lot of people on this team are questioning the play calling and make up the team.
they need to get this fixed quickly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:30 pm 

Ok, I read it. I don't see any issue. A lot of the discussion here is creative context.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:14 pm 

So I’m a bit confused by some of the responses here. Are people disputing what JJ said or dismissing what he said because he isn’t a top tier contributor?

Kinda reminds me of the “only pro-bowl/HOFer types” can be a leader debate.

I also don’t understand the JJ hate. If the guy was more dynamic athletically he would not have been a 6th round pick. He is what he is.

For every Tom Brady or Antonio Brown there are many more Jesse James types found in round 6 and many many more that don’t even stick in the league.

It’s not JJ’s fault the team failed (again) to address the position in the draft. It’s not JJ’s fault that McDonald hasn’t shown he’s able to catch the football.

If we had a legit #1 we’d likely most all agree that James is an ok #2 or #3. Especially for a 6th rounder.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:59 pm 

DocSteel wrote:
Ok, I read it. I don't see any issue. A lot of the discussion here is creative context.

Not seeing an issue is also an interpretive judgement aka creative context.

Says game plan was predictable.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:08 pm 

955876 wrote:
So I’m a bit confused by some of the responses here. Are people disputing what JJ said or dismissing what he said because he isn’t a top tier contributor?

I also don’t understand the JJ hate. If the guy was more dynamic athletically he would not have been a 6th round pick. He is what he is.

For every Tom Brady or Antonio Brown there are many more Jesse James types found in round 6 and many many more that don’t even stick in the league.

It’s not JJ’s fault the team failed (again) to address the position in the draft. It’s not JJ’s fault that McDonald hasn’t shown he’s able to catch the football.

If we had a legit #1 we’d likely most all agree that James is an ok #2 or #3. Especially for a 6th rounder.

Agree with all of this.

I also don't think if we had a legit #1 the offense would look any different.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:26 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
I truly don't know what to make of JJ as a TE. Nearly all of the routes I see him run it to go out 5 or so yards and button hook. I rarely if ever see him attacking the seems, forcing a Safety to center of the field. Maybe he is incapable of it, but I have't seen that route tree for him at all, not even in trying. Can't say I have seen it with Grimble or anyone since Heath retired. So, that sort of stuff would fall on the shoulders of Haley. You can rip JJ's production, but it doesn't seem that they are using him anywhere near how they used Miller, yet the playbook is the same with many TE pages torn out. If JJ is incapable of that route tree, then the coaching staff (Tomlin, Haley) and Colbert have really fucked up not finding a TE that can run those routes. A good TE keeps the Safety's at home, allowing your outside receivers more freedom on their side of the field. As it is now, teams double AB and cheat their SS into the box to account for Bell. Terrible coaching!

Grimble did a good bit of that last year, as did Green. At this point, I wish they'd have re-signed Green, because at least they'd have 4 games in '17 where they used the TE to clear the middle.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:20 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
955876 wrote:

Agree with all of this.

I also don't think if we had a legit #1 the offense would look any different.

Todd Haley could be given the pro bowl roster and still manage to score only 16 points per game

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next