It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Brady has an AC joint sprain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:53 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:57 pm
Posts: 39
Back, sort of, to the topic, the most serious Patriot injury would be a sprain to Ernie Adams' amygdala. In that case, a Lombardi win would actually be valid.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brady has an AC joint sprain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 3424
bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:
Questioning someone's fanhood over a disagreement is not cool.

He literally suggested preference for an alternate scenario where the Steelers are not only not guaranteed a Lombardi they already won, but tbh a scenario where it's a whole lot less likely they win. He did this just to denigrate his team's future HOF QB. I called him out on it. I fail to see the weakness, logical fallacy, or wrong in that.

I am just getting a chance to follow-up on this thread.

You think I wrote that comment because I wanted to denigrate Ben? You are wrong. I wrote the comment because I truly wish they could have beaten NE in NE on the way to that SB win instead of Denver, as it would have been a lot sweeter for me. I think that team had a good shot at being able to do it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take the 6th ring..

Regarding your comment about rooting for the legacy, it was a fair comment and something that made me ponder. I think you are right. I do want the legacy over just the rings, so you got me there.

I guess that’s why i rail on Art2 so badly in hindsight and hate the Pats so much (jealousy is only hate). That stretch from 2004 -2011, I think we left rings on the table. We were very close to being a dynasty and I don’t think Art2 had the gumption to get aggressive and add pieces. Patience and persistence.

I wouldn’t mind losing if we had a shot to build a dynasty again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brady has an AC joint sprain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 3030
Brady could beat the Steelers playing from a hospital bed.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brady has an AC joint sprain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13642
Suwanee88 wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:
Questioning someone's fanhood over a disagreement is not cool.

He literally suggested preference for an alternate scenario where the Steelers are not only not guaranteed a Lombardi they already won, but tbh a scenario where it's a whole lot less likely they win. He did this just to denigrate his team's future HOF QB. I called him out on it. I fail to see the weakness, logical fallacy, or wrong in that.

I am just getting a chance to follow-up on this thread.

You think I wrote that comment because I wanted to denigrate Ben? You are wrong. I wrote the comment because I truly wish they could have beaten NE in NE on the way to that SB win instead of Denver, as it would have been a lot sweeter for me. I think that team had a good shot at being able to do it.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take the 6th ring..

Regarding your comment about rooting for the legacy, it was a fair comment and something that made me ponder. I think you are right. I do want the legacy over just the rings, so you got me there.

I guess that’s why i rail on Art2 so badly in hindsight and hate the Pats so much (jealousy is only hate). That stretch from 2004 -2011, I think we left rings on the table. We were very close to being a dynasty and I don’t think Art2 had the gumption to get aggressive and add pieces. Patience and persistence.

I wouldn’t mind losing if we had a shot to build a dynasty again.

I agree with all of that.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brady has an AC joint sprain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:07 am
Posts: 7392
sorry to bust the Tammy fantasies.

His injury is to non throwing shoulder.

That said, he's been getting beaten to a pulp behind this line for over a season. At the rate he's hit and sacked, he will call it a day this offseason

Calling my shot.

_________________
ImageImage
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brady has an AC joint sprain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 5704
Obviously wrote:
Brady could beat the Steelers playing from a hospital bed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brady has an AC joint sprain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 5008
Steel Drummer wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
08: Not our fault the Pats didn't qualify for the playoffs that year.


In fact, if we don't beat them that year, there's a good chance they would have had the second bye, and we might have been the 11-5 team out of the playoffs.

Oh yeah, it IS partially our fault the Pats didn't make the playoffs that year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Brady has an AC joint sprain
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:30 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 424
Poltargyst wrote:
Oh yeah, it IS partially our fault the Pats didn't make the playoffs that year.


Yep. We are partly to blame.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Louis Lipps Service and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group