It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tunch Breaks Down 4 of the INT.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:35 pm 

I’m convinced if that wasn’t tipped the cb makes a play on it anyway. AB is great but he’s blanketed in this case.

A bad Ben decision. Staring down AB the whole way

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:35 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8sa9imVpBis

4:30 in

There’s no way you call that open! Come on

That LBer is mostly stationary and already a step or two behind AB. Unless you think Ben is going to throw that 2-3 yards BEHIND AB, no way is that picked without being tipped.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:41 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

That LBer is mostly stationary and already a step or two behind AB. Unless you think Ben is going to throw that 2-3 yards BEHIND AB, no way is that picked without being tipped.

The more I watch the more it seems Ben doesn’t even see the LB. That is equally bad.

He may have been trying to lead AB enough. IDK I see it as a fucked up decision/play. Easy to say that I know. This is the stuff that makes you think bens head is just not fully in the game

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:44 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:

I don't know if AB was open.

The football wasn't traveling toward the LB though. Continue watching into the slow motion.

The all 22 overhead gives a truer angle. I'm not claiming there was a huge lane, but Tunch said there was a "nice lane" for Ben to throw thru. Is he wrong?

Another part of the equation... AB at some point took his foot off the gas after he saw the deflection. I'm not sure exactly when it affected his route though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:48 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
He may have been trying to lead AB enough.

Of course he was. AB was not settling down into a soft spot in the zone. Where you guys seem to think that ball was being thrown would have been a good 2-3 yards behind AB.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:50 pm 

I could be wrong, and likely am, but it seems teams know BR forces the ball to AB. Which side is AB on? Shift defensive stunts on passing downs that way/ Raise your arms. Is AB running a go route or a crosser? Shift the zone that way. I didn't think AB was open, and the passing lane was there for a split second. BR's release isn't fast enough at this point to take advantage of millisecond windows.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:03 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:
He may have been trying to lead AB enough.

Of course he was. AB was not settling down into a soft spot in the zone. Where you guys seem to think that ball was being thrown would have been a good 2-3 yards behind AB.

But safety closing too.

My contention still is this is an ugly play.

And there’s the question about the number of passes being knocked. Seems higher than in years past. Is Ben compensating for sailing a lot passes? Just not looking comfortable this season so far. Shows with plays like this.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:19 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
And there’s the question about the number of passes being knocked. Seems higher than in years past.

Obviously there were 2-3 this game. Isn't something that has stood out to me overall thru 5 games, though. Some of that is on the OL, but I'd probably agree Ben is not feeling the rush like he has in the past, and not moving his feet subtly to manipulate his throwing lanes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:57 pm 

TB wrote:
Haley
Tomlin
Art 2
Hidden knee injury
Mental fatigue
Team drama
Bad luck

The amount of energy spent trying to justify a shitty game from Ben is enough to power Puerto Rico for a month. Imagine if we did this for Ben's peers? No, wait, they all suck, that's all there is to it. :lol:

Ben fell apart in the second half, and had one of the worst games of his career last week. I don't need a grocery list of excuses to try to pinpont why it happened. Some of the INTs were questionable, some were not as much. We scored 9 points at home in a blowout and put more points on the scoreboard for the other team than we did ourselves. I'm pretty sure we can safely qualify that as shit.

Nothing dumber than shitting an ANY qb for int stats with zero context.

Congrats on being part of that stupid thread.

Excellent breakdown by Tunch. Maybe you should watch it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:16 pm 

I already gave my own take in the game thread. But if you guys want to spend the rest of the week arguing over the angle the LB had on the first pick six or how many inches lower the second pick six would need to be until we'd consider it catchable by AB, then have at it. I'm onto Kansas City and I hope Ben is as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next