It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tunch Breaks Down 4 of the INT.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:15 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:
A lot of people may absolve Ben on that first pick 6 because it was tipped but I don’t. Ben was staring down AB the whole time, and the throw would have been forced into coverage even if it hadn’t been tipped. Might not have been picked but the LB was reading Ben so I’m not convinced it wouldn’t have been without the tip
That's how I feel about it. It may still have been intercepted because the LB was headed right into the throwing lane. Maybe just tipped by the LB instead of the D Line. Same with throwing into triple coverage. The safety was moving toward AB before the ball was even thrown. They knew he forces it to AB, so they acted accordingly. Expecting AB to make that catch is expecting too much. The ball to JuJu was indeed overthrown, but a disappearing receiver is never a good thing and the QB has no control over that. He was indeed hit on the McDonald throw.

I'm not saying he's washed up. He'll probably play a helluva lot better next sunday, but nobody can deny a diminishing skill set.

The LB was nowhere near the throwing lane when you look at the all-22. He had no chance to get to that ball if it's not tipped.

Yes, there was a throwing lane as Tunch stated. He wasn't picking it off without the deflection.

I'm looking at the all 22.

I paused the all 22 at the point of the deflection showing the trajectory and showing the position of the LB. The LB was not making that pick without the deflection.

Last edited by Havoc on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:34 pm 

Havoc wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
The LB was nowhere near the throwing lane when you look at the all-22. He had no chance to get to that ball if it's not tipped.

No, the deflection which changed the direction of the football moving it to the LB had nothing to do with it.

Yes, there was a throwing lane as Tunch stated. He wasn't picking it off without the deflection.

From the LOS view the LB looks closer than he is. AB was actually 5-7 yds past him. If it isn't deflected there's no way he makes the int. The DL gets to the ball at the beginning of the arc. If he doesn't then it's a clean catch by AB.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:44 pm 

Somebody do the geometry and tell me the what the deflection distance was at the point where the LB was located. Include the movement of the LB moving in the direction of the ball.

I saw tunch's breakdown, but it looked like the pass was deflected maybe two yards, and the LB was moving toward the pass. Short enough that although not likely an interception, a batted pass or tip for a jump ball. I also don't think AB was open.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:49 pm 

Stillcajun wrote:
Havoc wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

From the LOS view the LB looks closer than he is. AB was actually 5-7 yds past him. If it isn't deflected there's no way he makes the int. The DL gets to the ball at the beginning of the arc. If he doesn't then it's a clean catch by AB.

I removed my sarcastic first sentence so noone gets confused about what I"m saying.

It really helps when you hit the pause button on the all 22 at the point of the deflection. You can see what is happening with the flight trajectory, the position of the LB, and the throwing lane.

Agreed, the LB was not making that pick without the deflection.

Last edited by Havoc on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:02 pm 

Havoc wrote:
Sure beats the mind numbing stupidity of the site Ben bashers counting Int's and bashing Ben in another thread.

Or in the game thread. People insisting a ball would have been picked even if it wasn't tipped....or ignoring the tipped passes all together. Or that JuJu practically got tackled on another. Or that all-world AB had another pick go thru his hands.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:19 pm 

I got a free trial of GamePass- i'll make an iMovie tonight.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:27 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
I got a free trial of GamePass- i'll make an iMovie tonight.

Awesome. Glad someone is going to do it.

Maybe I'll do the same for GB after I see what you do, so we have a comparison.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:37 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Somebody do the geometry and tell me the what the deflection distance was at the point where the LB was located. Include the movement of the LB moving in the direction of the ball.

I saw tunch's breakdown, but it looked like the pass was deflected maybe two yards, and the LB was moving toward the pass. Short enough that although not likely an interception, a batted pass or tip for a jump ball. I also don't think AB was open.

The LB was NOT moving in the direction of the football. He was shuffling his feet moving toward the sideline as the play was developing until he saw Ben pulling the trigger and that is when he reacted.

The football had zip on it until it was deflected causing it to flutter (and change direction)

And I want to point out, a throwing lane means there are defenders at the edge of the lane, that's why it's a lane. I know you know this.

Last edited by Havoc on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:33 pm 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8sa9imVpBis

4:30 in

There’s no way you call that open! Come on

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:34 pm 

Haley
Tomlin
Art 2
Hidden knee injury
Mental fatigue
Team drama
Bad luck

The amount of energy spent trying to justify a shitty game from Ben is enough to power Puerto Rico for a month. Imagine if we did this for Ben's peers? No, wait, they all suck, that's all there is to it. :lol:

Ben fell apart in the second half, and had one of the worst games of his career last week. I don't need a grocery list of excuses to try to pinpont why it happened. Some of the INTs were questionable, some were not as much. We scored 9 points at home in a blowout and put more points on the scoreboard for the other team than we did ourselves. I'm pretty sure we can safely qualify that as shit.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next