It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tunch Breaks Down 4 of the INT.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:52 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
This was my take in an earlier thread. I do wonder why Ben has had his share of tipped balls. Slower release? Linemen not doing a good enough job.

Poor technique by our OL. A guy puts his hands up you punch him as hard as you can right in the gut. Or balls if your old school right FC ? 8-)

I think this is likely right. Just haven't paid enough attention.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:00 pm 

franco32 wrote:
That is a fair breakdown. I don't blame the first INT on Ben at all. McDonald was open and the ball didn't have enough juice because Ben was crushed and couldn't follow through. That INT is on Conner for a miserable blitz pickup. I want the kid to get more playing time because I actually think he's quicker and faster than present-day Bell, but you can't let your QB be killed like that.

The second INT was subtle. We didn't realize it at the time but the ball changed trajectory by about 6 feet. Great play by the Dlineman there going in and then back out. The other team gets paid too. Bad luck on that tip.

I thought the third INT was on Ben. 3rd and a mile and he tried to force it to AB. Ball sailed slightly and Ramsey made a fantastic play. (That kid is blazing quick and fast.)

4th INT was more terrible luck with the trip. Juju would have been open.

5th INT was forcing it in a game that was already over.

No one is mistaking this for vintage Ben but there was some pretty rotten luck there combined with some great athleticism shown by the Jags. Let's see what Ben can do in Arrowhead before we slit our wrists.

Even if Juju stayed up, 4th INT would have been picked or Juju would have been leaving in a body bag after being killed by the safety.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:22 pm 

A lot of people may absolve Ben on that first pick 6 because it was tipped but I don’t. Ben was staring down AB the whole time, and the throw would have been forced into coverage even if it hadn’t been tipped. Might not have been picked but the LB was reading Ben so I’m not convinced it wouldn’t have been without the tip

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 pm 

That first pick six really shows the offensive dynamic of the Ben vs Todd Haley thing.

AB runs the skinny post, but he’s the only guy on that side of the field. Nix does go short into the flat. But what are the odds the defense is going to ignore AB essentially the top wr in the league to go free on the skinny post? Jags are #1 pass d and you can see why. Nix scares no one they bracket AB well that Ben is going to have to thread it to get it in there. If nix does get the ball he probably lumbers for 2-3 yards OOB by the LB.

So jags have effectively taken away half the field. Ben goes right into the teeth of the coverage though. Could have been complete but better question is why make that choice? I see Ben staring down AB the whole way too.

You see both bad Ben and bad Todd on the play. I get that it’s a standard play and you have the top wr. But what are chances it goes uncontested? There’s gotta be another better option on that play.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
A lot of people may absolve Ben on that first pick 6 because it was tipped but I don’t. Ben was staring down AB the whole time, and the throw would have been forced into coverage even if it hadn’t been tipped. Might not have been picked but the LB was reading Ben so I’m not convinced it wouldn’t have been without the tip
That's how I feel about it. It may still have been intercepted because the LB was headed right into the throwing lane. Maybe just tipped by the LB instead of the D Line. Same with throwing into triple coverage. The safety was moving toward AB before the ball was even thrown. They knew he forces it to AB, so they acted accordingly. Expecting AB to make that catch is expecting too much. The ball to JuJu was indeed overthrown, but a disappearing receiver is never a good thing and the QB has no control over that. He was indeed hit on the McDonald throw.

I'm not saying he's washed up. He'll probably play a helluva lot better next sunday, but nobody can deny a diminishing skill set.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:42 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
franco32 wrote:

I thought the third INT was on Ben. 3rd and a mile and he tried to force it to AB.

What was the score ? How much time was left ?

Just for kicks ....anyone wanna research the last time this team scored a TD in less than 2 minutes when they were down in the 4th ?

Todd Haley
Todd Haley
Todd Haley

Christmas Day. They scored the winning TD in 1:05.

no huddle, Ben calling the plays.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:47 pm 

I fear what a 5 INT game will do to our already scared, already incompetent and certainly moronic coaching staff.

Those that play fantasy football better pick up Boswell because it might be a figgie fest on Sunday. Well, we will be kicking THTDs and the Chiefs will score real ones.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:52 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:

AB was incredibly wide open on the play. The CB gave him the inside release in Cover 3. Ben was just waiting for the throwing lane, which he got, except OL let the DLman back into the lane.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:53 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:
That's how I feel about it. It may still have been intercepted because the LB was headed right into the throwing lane. Maybe just tipped by the LB instead of the D Line. Same with throwing into triple coverage. The safety was moving toward AB before the ball was even thrown. They knew he forces it to AB, so they acted accordingly. Expecting AB to make that catch is expecting too much. The ball to JuJu was indeed overthrown, but a disappearing receiver is never a good thing and the QB has no control over that. He was indeed hit on the McDonald throw.

I'm not saying he's washed up. He'll probably play a helluva lot better next sunday, but nobody can deny a diminishing skill set.

The LB was nowhere near the throwing lane when you look at the all-22. He had no chance to get to that ball if it's not tipped.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:01 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:

AB was incredibly wide open on the play. The CB gave him the inside release in Cover 3. Ben was just waiting for the throwing lane, which he got, except OL let the DLman back into the lane.

Not how I see it. No way the jags were going to let AB have his way with that route. He clearly draws attention. If AB held them it’s probably because they were respecting a double move. But I see the jags as fully aware. Plus the LB is reading Ben. And Ben looks nowhere else but AB spot. LB might not have known where AB would end up but his job was to tighten the window and Ben tips him off at any rate.

Would have a good time for a double move by AB back outside and up the sideline or Ben goes the other side.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next