It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tunch Breaks Down 4 of the INT.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:00 am 

Talk about bad luck.

http://www.steelers.com/videos/videos/Chalk-Talk---Steelers-vs-Jaguars/e151ecc6-8eda-4d35-b760-c20c7f8ee9b9

Post subject: Re: Tunch Breaks Down 4 of the INT.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:25 am 

That is a fair breakdown. I don't blame the first INT on Ben at all. McDonald was open and the ball didn't have enough juice because Ben was crushed and couldn't follow through. That INT is on Conner for a miserable blitz pickup. I want the kid to get more playing time because I actually think he's quicker and faster than present-day Bell, but you can't let your QB be killed like that.

The second INT was subtle. We didn't realize it at the time but the ball changed trajectory by about 6 feet. Great play by the Dlineman there going in and then back out. The other team gets paid too. Bad luck on that tip.

I thought the third INT was on Ben. 3rd and a mile and he tried to force it to AB. Ball sailed slightly and Ramsey made a fantastic play. (That kid is blazing quick and fast.)

4th INT was more terrible luck with the trip. Juju would have been open.

5th INT was forcing it in a game that was already over.

No one is mistaking this for vintage Ben but there was some pretty rotten luck there combined with some great athleticism shown by the Jags. Let's see what Ben can do in Arrowhead before we slit our wrists.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:48 am 

franco32 wrote:

I thought the third INT was on Ben. 3rd and a mile and he tried to force it to AB.

What was the score ? How much time was left ?

Just for kicks ....anyone wanna research the last time this team scored a TD in less than 2 minutes when they were down in the 4th ?

Todd Haley
Todd Haley
Todd Haley

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:56 am 

Excellent breakdown by Tunch.

Sure beats the mind numbing stupidity of the site Ben bashers counting Int's and bashing Ben in another thread.

I couldn't talk any sense at all into 2 guys bashing Ben at the steelers bar regarding the deflection. One guy insisted Ben threw behind the receiver. False. It was a great play by their D-lineman and back luck for us.

It's sports. A shit sandwich happens on occasion and that's what we got sunday.

Move on to the next game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:57 am 

Havoc wrote:
Excellent breakdown by Tunch.

Sure beats the mind numbing stupidity of the site Ben bashers counting Int's and bashing Ben in another thread.

I couldn't talk any sense at all into 2 guys bashing Ben at the steelers bar regarding the deflection. One guy insisted Ben threw behind the receiver. False. It was a great play by their D-lineman and back luck for us.

It's sports. A shit sandwich happens on occasion and that's what we got sunday.

Move on to the next game.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:16 am 

At this point, since he's jamming this crapshitfest O down our throats, let's see how he can manage

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:23 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
franco32 wrote:

I thought the third INT was on Ben. 3rd and a mile and he tried to force it to AB.

What was the score ? How much time was left ?

Just for kicks ....anyone wanna research the last time this team scored a TD in less than 2 minutes when they were down in the 4th ?

Todd Haley
Todd Haley
Todd Haley

Christmas Day. They scored the winning TD in 1:05.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:19 am 

franco32 wrote:
That is a fair breakdown. I don't blame the first INT on Ben at all. McDonald was open and the ball didn't have enough juice because Ben was crushed and couldn't follow through. That INT is on Conner for a miserable blitz pickup. I want the kid to get more playing time because I actually think he's quicker and faster than present-day Bell, but you can't let your QB be killed like that.

The second INT was subtle. We didn't realize it at the time but the ball changed trajectory by about 6 feet. Great play by the Dlineman there going in and then back out. The other team gets paid too. Bad luck on that tip.

If you look at Ben's angle on that throw, if not for the DL, that ball sails over the LB and is completed to AB. Even Foster said he was surprised by that guy. Talk about rotten luck.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:27 am 

This was my take in an earlier thread. I do wonder why Ben has had his share of tipped balls. Slower release? Linemen not doing a good enough job.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:35 am 

Zeke5123 wrote:
This was my take in an earlier thread. I do wonder why Ben has had his share of tipped balls. Slower release? Linemen not doing a good enough job.

Poor technique by our OL. A guy puts his hands up you punch him as hard as you can right in the gut. Or balls if your old school right FC ? 8-)