It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:31 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Beginning, without proof, of course, to believe that Tomlin really does lead too much by emotion and not enough by a professionalism and do-your-job standard.

On the field and off the field.

The Challenges this past Sunday being yet another example of poor decisions in the heat of the moment, gut decisions.
When looking at the actual play and replays.......
When taking into consideration field position,
Loss of time outs,
Play clock - time left in half or game.

The AB scoop may be the best example.
AB comes up with what looks like a great catch.
Crowd cheers loud.
AB comes up telling Tomlin to challenge.
What WR does not ask for challenges?
He probably sees one replay on the big screen.
He throws the flag.
Play was 20-25 yards down field. Plenty of time to get another replay as the ball had to be re-spotted, players had to get back to their sides of the field. The clock of course was not ticking away.
Second replay clearly shows ball was trapped or scooped.

Loss of time out.
Plays with gut.
When wit is the better option.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:44 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Beginning, without proof, of course, to believe that Tomlin really does lead too much by emotion and not enough by a professionalism and do-your-job standard.

On the field and off the field.

The Challenges this past Sunday being yet another example of poor decisions in the heat of the moment, gut decisions.
When looking at the actual play and replays.......
When taking into consideration field position,
Loss of time outs,
Play clock - time left in half or game.

The AB scoop may be the best example.
AB comes up with what looks like a great catch.
Crowd cheers loud.
AB comes up telling Tomlin to challenge.
What WR does not ask for challenges?
He probably sees one replay on the big screen.
He throws the flag.
Play was 20-25 yards down field. Plenty of time to get another replay as the ball had to be re-spotted, players had to get back to their sides of the field. The clock of course was not ticking away.
Second replay clearly shows ball was trapped or scooped.

Loss of time out.
Plays with gut.
When wit is the better option.

Assumes guys upstairs did not also quickly confirm and agree to challenge. But, yes. Normally I put no stock in Tomlin's pressers. But the style points don't matter line is starting to sound like an endorsement of grab bag go by the gut-ism.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:05 am 

Still Lit wrote:

No proof needed, Lit! We have skilled clairvoyants here on SF, who know what takes place in locker room, behind office doors, and can read the despair in Ben's eyes!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:31 am 

Steel Drummer wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

No proof needed, Lit! We have skilled clairvoyants here on SF, who know what takes place in locker room, behind office doors, and can read the despair in Ben's eyes!

Lol, I'm wrong so often I make it a general policy not to commit myself too much.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:42 pm 

Still Lit wrote:

Swissvale, Bradshaw, and many, many others, have had this chump pegged for a long time now.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:33 pm 

It's sad. I was as big of a believer in this offense as anyone. But thru 5 games, the ONLY guy playing well is AB (and, um, he does have a handfull of drops including 2 that went for interceptions). No one else has been even average, although JuJu has been a nice addition as a rookie and JJ has made a few plays. Perhaps no player in the league has fallen farther than Bell in 1 year. The OL has been average, at best.

I don't know, the offense DOES look different to me beyond under performing players. I do think a huge part of it is the windows have gotten smaller and Ben is not hitting them like he did the last few years (and few QB's in history would). Go back to the early years of Haley here and this offense does NOTHING to create easy plays for the QB and receivers.

I have no idea how the OC has a job when his offense requires at least a handful of guys to play at a Pro Bowl level to succeed. That's like a negative +/- on your OC where your offense is several notches below where talent says it should be.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:58 pm 

Bell is okay, not great. The dude was never a threat to break off a long gainer anyway, so his effect on the opponents D was little from the start. For whatever reason, Tomlin is hellbent on having this offense live or die with his success. It's damned stupid, and a damned shame that an enitre decade of Ben's career has been wasted, toiling under Tomlin's ineptitude.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:24 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
It's sad. I was as big of a believer in this offense as anyone. But thru 5 games, the ONLY guy playing well is AB (and, um, he does have a handfull of drops including 2 that went for interceptions). No one else has been even average, although JuJu has been a nice addition as a rookie and JJ has made a few plays. Perhaps no player in the league has fallen farther than Bell in 1 year. The OL has been average, at best.

I don't know, the offense DOES look different to me beyond under performing players. I do think a huge part of it is the windows have gotten smaller and Ben is not hitting them like he did the last few years (and few QB's in history would). Go back to the early years of Haley here and this offense does NOTHING to create easy plays for the QB and receivers.

I have no idea how the OC has a job when his offense requires at least a handful of guys to play at a Pro Bowl level to succeed. That's like a negative +/- on your OC where your offense is several notches below where talent says it should be.

I like Ben as much as ANY Steeler EVER however, Kodiak, can you stop blaming the awful decision when Ben threw into triple coverage and super HIGH blaming Antonio Brown. It was one of many bad decisions and throws last Sunday.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:29 pm 

Lynch wrote:
Bell is okay, not great. The dude was never a threat to break off a long gainer anyway, so his effect on the opponents D was little from the start. For whatever reason, Tomlin is hellbent on having this offense live or die with his success. It's damned stupid, and a damned shame that an enitre decade of Ben's career has been wasted, toiling under Tomlin's ineptitude.

Who has the GIF of Bell's run against Cleveland in his 2nd year, opening day at home where he zig-zags his way to a TD....maybe a 35 or 40 yard run where he shows insane elusiveness and quickness. He is NOT that same player anymore because of injury. His 2nd year though, he came into camp in sick shape and looked like a different back. We won't ever see that guy again, hence, we should be happy the Steelers didn't give him all that money.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:44 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
I like Ben as much as ANY Steeler EVER however, Kodiak, can you stop blaming the awful decision when Ben threw into triple coverage and super HIGH blaming Antonio Brown. It was one of many bad decisions and throws last Sunday.

It was a high throw. It also hit Brown in the hands. As did last week on that bullshit interception overturn.

And when did Ben throw into triple coverage? Are you talking about that beautiful ball a couple weeks ago that dropped right into, and through, AB's hands?

You do realize not every pick is 100% Ben's fault? AB has been very good this year, but he's also had some dumb penalties and some drops. 3 or 4 of Ben's picks this year have been very much a "shared" responsibility.

I'm merely pointing out even our best player has been less than his best this year - 62.5% reception rate when he averaged just over 70% each of the last 3 years. AB has not fallen nearly as much as others, but he's also not been as good as he was the prior 3 years.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next