It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:40 am 

Not a damn thing. Nothing. They are 3-2. Tops in the division. Going to win by 4pts or better on the road in KC.

Most of you are whiny pain in the ass types that offer zero other than criticism of what is. Most of you dont have any real picture of football or the nfl and have bitching about the Steelers so ingrained you cant do anything else.

This team is exactly what they look like. The most conservative offense in the NFL paired with a young evolving defense thats weak up the middle.

As long as Todd Haley is the OC things wont change on offense. I expect the D to get slightly better if we avoid injuries.

Carry on.

Post subject: Re: Heres whats really wrong with the Steelers.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:44 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Not a damn thing. Nothing. They are 3-2. Tops in the division. Going to win by 4pts or better on the road in KC.

Most of you are whiny pain in the ass types that offer zero other than criticism of what is. Most of dont have any real picture of football or the nfl and have bitching about the Steelers so ingrained you cant do anything else.

This team is exactly what they look like. The most conservative offense in the NFL paired with a young evolving defense thats weak up the middle.

As long as Todd Haley is the OC things wont change on offense. I expect the D to get slightly better if we avoid injuries.

Carry on.

This was the weak part of their schedule. A true Super Bowl contender would have gone 4-1/5-0 during this stretch.

The two losses were to teams that were completely one-dimensional. True Super Bowl contenders eat one-dimensional teams for lunch.

Dropping games that should be easy wins is the difference between a bye...from which most Super Bowl contenders start the playoffs...and no bye.

Between a division title and a wild card.

Between a playoff berth and tee times.

So if your expectations are simply watching a team struggle just to get to the playoffs, then yes...there's nothing wrong with the Steelers.

If your expectations are a little higher, there's plenty wrong.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:50 am 

Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Most of you are whiny pain in the ass types that offer zero other than criticism of what is. Most of dont have any real picture of football or the nfl and have bitching about the Steelers so ingrained you cant do anything else.

Carry on.

This was the weak part of their schedule. A true Super Bowl contender would have gone 4-1/5-0 during this stretch.

The two losses were to teams that were completely one-dimensional. True Super Bowl contenders eat one-dimensional teams for lunch.

Dropping games that should be easy wins is the difference between a bye...from which most Super Bowl contenders start the playoffs...and no bye.

So if your expectations are simply watching a team struggle just to get to the playoffs, then yes...there's nothing wrong with the Steelers.

Jeemie-

Whether you agree or not....the Steelers see things far differently than you.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:02 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Carry on.

Jeemie-

And when's the last time they had a bye?

Or we're a serious threat to win the Super Bowl?

Seven years and counting...

Why should I go by what they think when their actual performance is evidence for what I think?

Last edited by Jeemie on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:03 am 

SteelerChef wrote:

Most of you are whiny pain in the ass types that offer zero other than criticism of what is. Most of you dont have any real picture of football or the nfl and have bitching about the Steelers so ingrained you cant do anything else.

Carry on.

Forget the record or standings. Does this team look like it's made any offensive progress since late last season?

I always say "process over results" and this team just looks sloppy and uninterested

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:25 am 

Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Jeemie-

Why should I go by what they think

1. I would bet the Steelers dont really concern themselves with calculating byes in week 5. I seriously doubt they put much stock in home field advantage in win or go home circumstances.

2. Any team that makes the playoffs is a serious threat.

3. You should go by what they think because you literally have ZERO credibility in regards to any pro sport anywhere in the world ever. Its highly likely whatever your own career path is, that you are easily replaced and extremely far below the very best in your field. The Steelers on the other hand are among the very best in any sport ever. In a field that even being given the opprotunity to fail and be discarded without ever getting out of camp means your in the top 1% in that field.

Forgive me if im not ready to go apeshit at 3-2 because your extrapolation index thermometer is overheating.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:30 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Jeemie-

1. I would bet the Steelers dont really concern themselves with calculating byes in week 5. I seriously doubt they put much stock in home field advantage in win or go home circumstances.

3. You should go by what they think because you literally have ZERO credibility in regards to any pro sport anywhere in the world ever. Its highly likely whatever your own career path is, that you are easily replaced and extremely far below the very best in your field. The Steelers on the other hand are among the very best in any sport ever. In a field that even being given the opprotunity to fail and be discarded without ever getting out of camp means your in the top 1% in that field.

Forgive me if im not ready to go apeshit at 3-2 because your extrapolation index thermometer is overheating.

This is the fallacy of appealing to authority.

Seven years of data supports my assertion that the Steelers' approach to getting a Super Bowl title is not working, and that they are sub-optimizing their chances of winning it.

The data is publicly available. I don't have to be some sort of sports/football expert to see it.

And past performance doesn't accrue to the current braintrust.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:32 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Carry on.

Forget the record or standings. Does this team look like it's made any offensive progress since late last season?

I always say "process over results" and this team just looks sloppy and uninterested

They look like a HaleyBall team. Read into that whatever you want.

As far as sloppy and uninterested.....i guess thats debatable.....i would say thats the state of the entire nfl every sunday in 2017....particularly when a team is losing big late....in actuality i think rather than sloppy and uninterested i think most teams get burned try to do too much and end up with looking sloppy and uninterested.....fwiw

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:39 am 

Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

No its not. Its showing that most of the time you seem to be wrong and your track record backs that up.

The Steelers have been serious SB contenders for 5 years running but by all means. Carry on with your bs. Its what you do

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:47 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

No its not. Its showing that most of the time you seem to be wrong and your track record backs that up.

The Steelers have been serious SB contenders for 5 years running but by all means. Carry on with your bs. Its what you do

You radiate more hypocrisy and crap than all the light the Sun emits.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next