It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Offensive Passing Scheme?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:06 pm 

By the way, can someone please offer a justification for the double move call from 3rd and Goal at the 2 yard line?

I cannot get that play out of my head as a perfect example of how royally fucked we are in red zone offensive scheme.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:45 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
By the way, can someone please offer a justification for the double move call from 3rd and Goal at the 2 yard line?

I cannot get that play out of my head as a perfect example of how royally fucked we are in red zone offensive scheme.

Horrible, 3rd and goal and you go to a tight spot where everything has to be perfect. I remember thinking he should have at least thrown if behind him and make him come back for it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:56 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:
Some analyst I ran across yesterday made the point that Haley is reacting to Ben being limited in what we feels he can do.

I'm calling bullshit on that. Not that they didn't say it, but that it's BS. It sounds like something Haley would say trying to cover his ass, or Ben being diplomatic about running plays he thinks are complete shit.

Ben is ultra competitive. I guarantee he's not crying about things he doesn't believe he can do...even if he actually can't do them, I guarantee he doesn't believe that, unless it's running the option.

Yep, it's the patented "U-gun" offense. Easy to defend when the QB doesn't throw bulls-eyes all over the field.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:08 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

Horrible, 3rd and goal and you go to a tight spot where everything has to be perfect. I remember thinking he should have at least thrown if behind him and make him come back for it.

Ha, that would have been a triple move from the 2!

Maybe Haley will roll out that bullshit this week...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:14 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Mike Tomlin. End of story.

Sounds accurate.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:16 pm 

No lob passes to our 6'4" WR and 6'7" TE?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:22 pm 

Have we thrown a single back shoulder pass this year? That's on everybody if not.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:26 pm 

seabs926 wrote:
Have we thrown a single back shoulder pass this year? That's on everybody if not.

If my eyes don’t deceive me I think I’ve seen maybe 2-3 to Brown and maybe 1 to Bryant? But I agree with your point; noticeably absent.

The one Rodgers threw to win the game against the Cowboys was nuts. Practically indefensible.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:45 pm 

AirRescueFF wrote:
No lob passes to our 6'4" WR and 6'7" TE?

Neither play anywhere close to their size.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:53 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
If my eyes don’t deceive me I think I’ve seen maybe 2-3 to Brown and maybe 1 to Bryant? But I agree with your point; noticeably absent.

The one Rodgers threw to win the game against the Cowboys was nuts. Practically indefensible.

PIT threw A LOT of those the last few years, a few were almost picked (at least one was). Certainly more than a couple we had to hold our breath on.

It's an NFL staple, one that appeared to be a bit of a crutch last year as our offense seemed to abuse it. And knowing our risk averse coaches, the braintrust decided "woah, let's put the brakes on this and find some safer plays".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next