It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wondering about James Harrison
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:20 pm 

Chickillo aint half bad yall.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:58 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Does anyone have the details on why James Harrison isn't getting playing time?

Have I missed something on the internet explaining or talking about this?

I saw he tweeted social media where he was sitting on his helmet and cracked a joke making a reference about getting prepped for game time reps or something but when he didn't play at all in the Ravens game it got me thinking.

I asked this question 10 weeks ago before the first Ravens game. We still don't have an answer. if he is not active this week I am afraid father time has caught up to him and he is merely just another strength coach on the team masquerading as a player.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:23 pm 

stealin wrote:
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Does anyone have the details on why James Harrison isn't getting playing time?

Have I missed something on the internet explaining or talking about this?

I saw he tweeted social media where he was sitting on his helmet and cracked a joke making a reference about getting prepped for game time reps or something but when he didn't play at all in the Ravens game it got me thinking.

I asked this question 10 weeks ago before the first Ravens game. We still don't have an answer. if he is not active this week I am afraid father time has caught up to him and he is merely just another strength coach on the team masquerading as a player.

Well...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:08 am 

I saw a video of him lifting (on FB I think) shirtless, and said several times “they got this sitting on the sideline.” Seems like he’d need a few snaps these last cpl weeks before they “unleash” him in a he playoffs. I don’t know, seems like with Shazier and dirty red both out you’d have to think #92 May see the field Sunday night. Or, maybe not at all. (<<I can’t and don’t want to believe that)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:55 am 

This should be the week he becomes re acquainted with Mr Flacco

Last edited by steelmann58 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:00 am 

Well, 4 weeks left (and the last one shouldn't matter)....then 3 playoff games....Damn near half a season, so the time for "saving" is over and he needs to get in playing shape. Would explain why he wasn't dressing early in the year when TJ was out.

It's simply possible that TJ performed much better and fast than expected. I don't know if there's been any experimentation with Harrison on the other side, but you figure if Harrison took 12-15 snaps for TJ then they both can go absolutely full tilt on every play.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:54 am 

The Steelers don't intend to use Harrison unless they have to. This is effectively Chickillo's first year seeing major time on the field, and of course, Watt being a rookie who is playing well can only get better with more snaps. I don't buy for a moment that Father Time has rendered him useless. Spots on the 53 man roster are too valuable. Harrison's weakness is coverage. He can still play the run better than any OLB on the roster. He scan still rush the QB better. The Steelers simply want their young players to emerge because at Harrison's age, they know they can depend on him for only a limited time. Harrison would have been a better match up than Watt for some of the run heavy teams the Steelers have played recently. The fact is that Jarvis Jones lost games for the Steelers. Watt hasn't. He hasn't been perfect, but he hasn't been the sole reason the Steelers under performed or lost.

I hope to see #92 play before this run is over. He's my favorite Steeler of all time - and I am a rabid Franco, Stallworth, Lipps, Lloyd fan.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:01 am 

44LetzRide wrote:
The Steelers don't intend to use Harrison unless they have to. This is effectively Chickillo's first year seeing major time on the field, and of course, Watt being a rookie who is playing well can only get better with more snaps. I don't buy for a moment that Father Time has rendered him useless. Spots on the 53 man roster are too valuable. Harrison's weakness is coverage. He can still play the run better than any OLB on the roster. He scan still rush the QB better. The Steelers simply want their young players to emerge because at Harrison's age, they know they can depend on him for only a limited time. Harrison would have been a better match up than Watt for some of the run heavy teams the Steelers have played recently. The fact is that Jarvis Jones lost games for the Steelers. Watt hasn't. He hasn't been perfect, but he hasn't been the sole reason the Steelers under performed or lost.

I hope to see #92 play before this run is over. He's my favorite Steeler of all time - and I am a rabid Franco, Stallworth, Lipps, Lloyd fan.

Harrison not dressing has nothing to do with Watt He’s competing with Chickillo & Moats, both of whom play STs. Personally, I’d love to have him in stunt rusher role but they are more worried about STs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:54 am 

so has there been a mention of unleashing the beast Harrison now by the coaching staff or press? why is he taking a roster spot if he cant or is not allowed to play? very strange situation with Harrison..cant imagine him not being a spark plug on defense and big on run stopping. which the steelers need badly.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:40 am 

he going play this week and then back to the bench vs NE and see time the last 2 games. it time to get 92 playoff ready.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next