It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bud Dupree
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:41 am 

FC wrote:
Notes I took after re-watching the Vikings game about Bud

Inability to hold the point in run game
Inability to make plays against the run
Stoned as a pass rusher
No counter moves as a pass rusher
Struggles to locate the ball in the running and passing game
Horrible in drops in coverage
Football dumb...Easily tricked fooled and manipulated out of position

I will add

Doesn't understand the difference between hurt and injured

Totally disagree with your assessment.

He did indeed get stoned (as did Griffin) at times yet he got 5 pressures, a sack, batted down balls, a hold on which he would've easily gotten another sack if OT didn't tackle him to ground and yes did counter with inside moves. His run D wasn't great especially on Vikes TD drive but 70% of Vikes runs were away from his side. Horrible in coverage? He wasn't beaten once and was in good position on multiple drops.

He had one truly piss poor series: Vikings TD. He had a horrendous series but well frankly so did entire defense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:45 am 

steelclan wrote:
FC wrote:

Stoned as a pass rusher

I will add

He did indeed get stoned (as did Griffin) at times yet he got 5 pressures, a sack, batted down balls, a hold on which he would've easily gotten another sack if OT didn't tackle him to ground and yes did counter with inside moves. His run D wasn't great especially on Vikes TD drive but 70% of Vikes runs were away from his side. Horrible in coverage? He wasn't beaten once and was in good position on multiple drops.

He had one truly piss poor series: Vikings TD. He had a horrendous series but well frankly so did entire defense.

This is the way I saw it, as well.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:53 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
steelclan wrote:
FC wrote:

Stoned as a pass rusher

I will add

I'm optimistic on him too.

One thing regarding coverage - there was a pressure on Keenum that forced him to throw OOB. I think Diggs was wide open, looked like a busted coverage from Bud not dropping deep enough. Thought he had a solid game otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:20 pm 

Steel Mike wrote:
FC wrote:

That's subjective. Plus we as fans have zero knowledge as to the extent of most injuries.

Think you're reaching here....

Like Steel Mike says....no way any fan can make this statement

If you want to critique his on field action, fine

But assuming the guy is "soft" because he doesn't know the difference between hurt and injured?

Unless you have inside info via a team trainer, your statement is a total reach.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:34 am 

I rewatched and focused on Dupree.

My extremely amateur thoughts on his OLB play...

The bad:

A physical specimen but plays smaller than his size.

Lacks awareness. I noticed once or twice a ball carrier close to him and wow he looked slow to react to what was going on around him to the point I wondered "what is he doing"?

The good:

He is a physical specimen and moves well in space. He can bother qb's in passing lanes.

He showed side to side and straight line quickness rushing the passer. He can get home. He has added a lot to his pass rushing arsenal since his earlier days when he seemed to continuously run the arc without getting pressure. I saw him toss a blocker aside once and looked good doing it.

The future:

He is the kind of athlete and guy who might continue to improve until his physical skills start to decline so no reason to believe he is a finished product yet.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 am 

Bud not tub = solid player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:01 am 

Bud is dumb. He's a physical specimen and I actually think he uses his size well on running plays for the most part. But, he is slow to react. No doubt about it.

He's never been quick off the ball and timed snaps very well. I do think he looks a little better as a pass rusher this year, but certainly he is not elite. I would have expected more out of a first rounder. Shane Ray had 8 sacks last year along working part time only. I can't help but get annoyed that we have to continually work on the Bud Dupree "project" hoping he finally learns technique, moves, and discipline.

He gets one sack Sunday and then he does that stupid gyration dance from Key & Peele with not one, not two, not three, but four thrusts. Could have easily been a flag, but our players don't care.

I hope I'm wrong about Bud, but I don't think he'll ever be the superstar we wanted at that position. He may be solid though and if Watt is the superstar that may be good enough.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:54 pm 

A stat for some perspective:

Alex Kozora‏ @Alex_Kozora 1h1 hour ago

Bud Dupree made his debut in loud fashion. Six pressures in 34 rushes. That's a pressure every 5.7 rushes. #Steelers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:27 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
steelclan wrote:
FC wrote:

Stoned as a pass rusher

I will add

Don't know what else there is to see. His explosion is sick and he seems as fast on the 10th play of the drive as on the 1st.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:32 pm 

Dupree fined $12,000 for the thrust dance after his sack in the Vikings game.

Quote:
@rayfitt1
Bud Dupree was fined $12,000 for his hip thrust sack dance. He's the new Mark Gastineau https://twitter.com/rayfitt1/status/911 ... him-12k%2F

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next