It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: So who would you rather see next Sunday, Glennon or Trub
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:20 am 

It hardly matters as either QB will fail against a moderately healthy Steeler defense.

I have a soft spot for the Bears. They are the NFL's flagship franchise and their fanbase is fantastic and fun. In 2009, I sat next to a Bears fan who whose family were season ticket holders for 82 years...he was around for 65 of those years. How can you not love that?

Yeah their were a few dickheads but there was also a lot of respect. There had to be 30,000 Steeler fans in Soldier Field. I expect similar this week.

Trubisky would at least be far more interesting whereas Glennon is just a guy. The rook has some skills . Either way, we'd have to shit the bed to lose.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:44 am 

I was at the game a few years ago at Heinz when Glennon shredded us.

Give me the rookie.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:53 am 

I would much rather see Trubisky.

Trubisky can only read half of the field
He struggles with protections and getting the team aligned
He has a long loopy release
He lives for the check down
He wants no part of pressure
His arm strength is very average

He is athletic
He can throw the ball on the move
He just lacks it

I said it draft time...I would not have drafted him before round 3

Glennon sucks

He has a cannon
He understands the pro game
He will make quick decisions with the ball(Those decisions are often bad)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:52 pm 

Glennon, they are losing faith in him. Let em wallow in misery.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:00 pm 

If Tuitt and Watt are both back, those QBs are both wishing the other one will start. They are in big trouble.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:12 am 

It really does not matter who starts for the Bears, their WR corps has been decimated. Glennon COULD pose a real threat but the question is does he have a real WR on the team? And by that I mean a starting caliber WR, someone who actually belongs out there?

They lost Alshon Jefferey in free agency. Eddie Royal to free agency. Marquess Wilson too.

Cameron Meredith did have 66 catches last season and was poised to have maybe a strong season this year, but he tore his ACL late in the preseason.

Former 1st rounder Kevin White broke a shoulder blade and is on IR.

The Bears did sign Markus Wheaton, but currently he has a broken finger on his left hand. That seems to be a theme with him, broken fingers. He had a broken pinkie finger one of his years as a Steeler and fractured another finger late in the season too, if I remember. He probably won't play.

Who else do the Bears have at WR? They did sign former Titans 1st round pick Kendall Wright, but he is just meh. To round out the group you have Josh Bellamy and Deonte Thompson, who? Exactly. This group as it is now constructed might be one of the 3 worst WR corps in the NFL. It is that bad.

The only weapons they have in the passing game are at TE and RB. We have to approach this game like we would Kansas City. Against them we had to worry about Travis Kelce and Tryeek Hill. For Chicago the defense has to prepare for and stop Zach Miller and Tarik Cohen.

Cohen has been targeted 21 times, and has 16 catches for 102 yards and a TD. Miller has been targeted 15 times and has 10 catches for 81 yards. Wright has been targeted 14 times and has 10 catches for 103 yards. That is it. That is the Chicago Bears 'triplets'. That is who Glennon or Tribisky have to throw to, it is pretty bleak.

I have heard rumors that the Bears were so desperate that they were sniffing around players like the recently released Jalen Strong, formerly of the Texans. The Jags snapped him up however.

All I know is that sometimes it is better to be lucky then be good. Our defense has had good fortune by playing a rookie Browns QB in Kizer, playing a Vikings team without Sam Bradford and now playing a Chicago Bears team with an injury-depleted WR group.

This may seem crazy but with so many teams, Chicago, the Jags, etc. in need of a WR, trading Justin Hunter makes a lot of sense. If they intend to just have him be inactive each and every week, what is the point of keeping him? May as well trade him to some WR needy team, maybe get a 5th-6th round pick for him. It is funny but if we had kept more WRs, like Sammie Coates, if we had him right now I bet we could trade him for more than the 6th we got from Cleveland.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:51 am 

jewelsongs wrote:
If Tuitt and Watt are both back, those QBs are both wishing the other one will start. They are in big trouble.

My thoughts as well. Chicago does not want to risk their rookie if the Steelers defense is at full strength.

I would rather see Trubisky but Glennon will be the QB.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:08 am 

Shouldn't have to worry about either one. If so, we're not a good defense.

Spark or not, a rookie making his NFL debut shouldn't beat a team with Super Bowl aspirations.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:16 am 

Hinestuff wrote:
Shouldn't have to worry about either one. If so, we're not a good defense.

Spark or not, a rookie making his NFL debut shouldn't beat a team with Super Bowl aspirations.

Trubisky in the ant-Glennon. That's why I don't want to see him.

The rookie makes FAST decisions and gets the ball out fast as fuck.

Zero doubt he'll be a winner in the NFL. I just hope to fuck it doesn't start this Sunday.....and I DO believe we'll see Trubisky in this game.

Possibly early.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:59 am 

jebrick wrote:
jewelsongs wrote:

My thoughts as well. Chicago does not want to risk their rookie if the Steelers defense is at full strength.

I would rather see Trubisky but Glennon will be the QB.

To the bolded...

Why wouldn't they?

Our D is 18th in the league in TOs/Dr after 2 games.