It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: So who would you rather see next Sunday, Glennon or Trub
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:23 am 

You're on the road and if this is a typical Tomlin team we play down to their level and a field goal will be the margin, squeaker that could go either way. However if this is a special year for Tomlin and the team we will win this game. This game is an indicator for the team and Tomlin. There are indications that this is not a typical Tomlin team in some respects but it is a typical Tomlin team in others. For this to be a special year we have to find a way to win the early games when the team is still sleepwalking so when the team starts to peak we'll be on track for a bye. Tomlin looks more in command on the sidelines than in previous years and the league is giving us opportunities to win these early games. The league is going to give us the opportunities but we still have to earn it. Considering how fractured the league players are with regard to the same issues that are fracturing our society and resulting in lower viewership the league needs Tomlin in the Super Bowl.

I made the trip for our only road win in Chicago. We sensed that the Steelers were becoming a Super Bowl team and that game would be an indicator. It was. O'Donnell had a great game, Greg Lloyd gave him a hug after the game. They knew they had a Super Bowl roster. Greg would glare from the sidelines at the meager offense with the same look of disgust that Ben had on his face for the defense last year in Foxboro. Our defense will probably gel around midseason but there's enough to inflict some serious damage on Chicago. I think they're going to go after Glennon and Trubisky finishes. We will have to play hard all game. Chicago's going to play hard, its too early in the season for them to realize they suck. They'll give up by the end of November.

Before we get on to the next indicator games we have to get past this one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 pm 

KC wrote:
JackLambert58 wrote:
I want Glennon, but one thing's for sure. The Steelers aren't facing any elite QB's lately.

Can't argue with that, at all.

Chicago ownership is different.

I'm sure John Fox wants to continue to play Glennon, but MANY TIMES over the years you will hear that Bear ownership would "encourage" guys like Dave Wannstedt and others to maybe re-think his QB choice.

They are a fucked up organization to say the least.

Aren't they owned by a newspaper? The Herald Tribune or something.. Ack or the McCaskeys?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:26 am 

StillMadAtSlobber wrote:
KC wrote:
JackLambert58 wrote:
I want Glennon, but one thing's for sure. The Steelers aren't facing any elite QB's lately.

Can't argue with that, at all.

Chicago ownership is different.

I'm sure John Fox wants to continue to play Glennon, but MANY TIMES over the years you will hear that Bear ownership would "encourage" guys like Dave Wannstedt and others to maybe re-think his QB choice.

They are a fucked up organization to say the least.

Aren't they owned by a newspaper? The Herald Tribune or something.. Ack or the McCaskeys?

It's the McCaskeys and I have a business associate who attends occasional holiday parties with that family. Says they really have no interest in putting a competitive product on the field- they just aren't interested in football and their true passion lies in other aspects of the family business.