It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Haden was alot better
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:39 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Hinestuff wrote:
it's still yggy wrote:
Plus I'll add Sean Davis has not had a great two weeks. Mitchell has been fine. Burns has been good, couple grabs though.

I haven't seen Davis make a play in either game this year.

Everyone calls out Mitchell but he has been way more active so far.

Sean Davis has been worse than that. They've tasked him to do more and he's been pretty bad. Here's hoping that they are right and that they're force-feeding him, knowing that he'll be able to learn on the job.

Yep he has been poor. Feels like a replay of him early from last season.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:10 am 

Yeah, Haden did look much better, more comfortable, but let us not forget that Mike Hilton is in the same boat and learning as he goes.

If Wilcox can get back in there and be the 3rd safety, I think this group is much, much improved from last year.

Last year we had Cockrell in place of Haden, we had Willie Gay in place of Hilton, and we had Golden in place of Wilcox. I think that we have improved all 3 of those positions, and I think that this year's trio is more physical, faster and capable of making splash plays.

Hilton's first week he had 34 snaps. In the Vikings game he had 55 snaps. Gay saw 26 snaps in week one and was down to 20 snaps against the Vikings. I hope this trend continues, because Gay has no business being out there anymore.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:56 am 

If Gay is on the field the Steelers they are playing zone( or at least Gay is going to). too much of a tell for the QA.