It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Haden and Wilcox?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:12 pm 

Just curious what you guys thought of their performances. I was stuck following Gameday, and have only seen the clip of Wilcox knocking himself out on a td.

Was Haden challenged deep? How did his speed look? What was the sack like? In what sets and how often was Wilcox used? Any suggestion that he could take Mitchell's job?

Post subject: Re: Haden and Wilcox?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:15 pm 

pickarooney wrote:
Just curious what you guys thought of their performances. I was stuck following Gameday, and have only seen the clip of Wilcox knocking himself out on a td.

Was Haden challenged deep? How did his speed look? What was the sack like? In what sets and how often was Wilcox used? Any suggestion that he could take Mitchell's job?

Haden was ok but did get beat a fair bit on come backer to Coleman for big play he had great coverage and Kizer under threw route whether that was intentional or not is a guess (I doubt it) and in that situation not much Haden could do. He was also playing with a fairly hefty cushion that gave Browns some easy completions. He did get beat badly by Duke Johnson as did Hilton on another play.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:41 pm 

There was some yelling on a few plays. Not sure who was telling who what to do or what they were working out. Some of that is expected.

As I recal I saw burns in more press coverage but you can tell they're moving more to man. Burns is probably technically the #1 draw for opponents.

Also it's clear to me that Haden knows what he's doing on the field. Hard to explain but it's like you don't have to worry about that whole half of the field over there is not just being horribly unmanned.

Haden was doing trail technique man it's really brilliant to watch someone that knows what the fuck they're doing.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:48 pm 

Wilcox knocking himself out trying to be a tough guy and then drawing a penalty while allowing a TD was an anti-Watt debut. He can only get better from here.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:50 pm 

I saw Haden get run by a few times. Better QB and WR could expose him. Wilcox did his best Ryan Clark impression and knocked himself out with a hit. He and Mitchell in the same secondary may decapitate somebody. Or at least collect a bunch of stupid penalties.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:08 pm 

SP wrote:
I saw Haden get run by a few times. Better QB and WR could expose him. Wilcox did his best Ryan Clark impression and knocked himself out with a hit. He and Mitchell in the same secondary may decapitate somebody. Or at least collect a bunch of stupid penalties.

They'd probably kill each other first.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:21 pm 

Thanks, all. I forgot about Hilton--glad he got some playing time...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:33 pm 

At some point Burns and Haden will be indirectly responsible for a percentage of the sack pace we are on. And I suspect we will see the INT numbers go as the sack numbers go.

It is amazing how the secondary feeds the rush and the rush feeds the secondary. Not enough of one or the other and you begin a death spiral down the drain or diminish sacks and INTs. Just the right amount and you get exponential growth of violence and splash plays. Rush and sacks cause bad throws and the INTs go up. The great coverage and threat of INTs cause the QB to think and pause just slightly more, and the D-Line and backers start pinning their ears back feeding the sack machine.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:52 pm 

it's still yggy wrote:

Also it's clear to me that Haden knows what he's doing on the field. Hard to explain but it's like you don't have to worry about that whole half of the field over there is not just being horribly unmanned.

Do you think he can keep tabs on a lacrosse player?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:57 pm 

I thought haden did ok it was an improvement and Wilcox is a hitter no question and the hit was called because of his past rep. i thought it was a good hit but i also thought Gay was legit too