It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Most surprising issue of the day?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:18 pm 

Pick your favorite/worrisome/suprising issue of the day and discuss.

1-The "elephant in the room"; M Bryant being non-existent and not looking like our offensive saviour.
2-McDonald TE dropping a one and only perfect pass.
3-OC Todd's insistence on plays short of the sticks.
4- OC Todd's draw for a yard on 3rd and 25.
5-Bengals scoring, nadda, zilch, nothing, zero.
6-Bengals little RED tossing 4 picks.
7-Ravens "D" holding the Bengals to Zero.
8-Almost forgot, Todd's """20""", three yard screens to start the game.
9-Ben being Cleveland's all time winning QB.
10-The Browns finally finding a QB after 27 tries.

Mine has to be Bryant. I'm gonna give him another game or two, but he certainly didn't seem to to be the offensive saviour or to even make a small case for getting rid of Coates or Ayers being a good move. It better be a bad case of rust, because it wasn't very pretty.

Last edited by Steelersfan on Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Most surprising issue of the day?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:24 pm 

I'm still trying to decipher Todd Haley's decision to counter two deep Safetys by going empty back field and throwing instead of running the football behind a $100 million o line and All Pro RB.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:26 pm 

That the Browns are actually going to be good especially after they get Myles Garrett back.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:28 pm 

Todd toiled for months with late night brainstorming and calculations to come up with the perfect script of plays to open up the season.....4 straight wide receiver screens......He is the greatest mind of our era.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:29 pm 

The Ben being the winningest QB in Browns history is goddam hilarious.

The first offensive series still has me red. It took a damn while for the O to start clicking, and they never really looked that good all day, but that goddamn series is symbolic of why I'm sick of this coaching staff.

What did the steelers defense do, on the road, during the first two Browns series. Blocked punt for score and another three in out where I think the browns lost a total of 30 yards. Backwards 30 or so yards.

That is some crazy good momentum. But Haley and Tomlin don't build off of momentum. They don't adjust, they don't use that incredible defensive effort the first two series to end the damn game before it even starts. Instead, they stick to this dumbfuckey game plan, multiple WR screens within a yard of the LOS where all of these fast skill position guys are being forced to block their asses off and not hold for what, maybe 3-4 yards? And multiple throws like that on the same fucking drive???

So we then look like the damn idiots and give the ball back, Kizer shows some poise and all of a sudden CLE is scoring and nobody even remembers the fact that we blocked a damn punt for a TD on the first defensive series of the season. Yawn.

I just don't get Tomlin and Haley. I don't get their decision making, I don't get their relationship, I don't get their thought processes, I don't get their motivation, I don't get the direction they want to see this offense go.

All I know is I saw DeShone Kizer being allowed to throw downfield well before Ben was. Awesome. Another season of this?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:32 pm 

R S wrote:
Todd toiled for months with late night brainstorming and calculations to come up with the perfect script of plays to open up the season.....4 straight wide receiver screens......He is the greatest mind of our era.

RS, I agree.

TH starting the game with 4....yes 4 bubble screens in a row has to be the least imaginative, suprising, bunch of bs you will ever see to start a game, even from him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:35 pm 

SP wrote:
I'm still trying to decipher Todd Haley's decision to counter two deep Safetys by going empty back field and throwing instead of running the football behind a $100 million o line and All Pro RB.

My thoughts exactly. Whats wrong with running an offense like KC or Dallas. Its ok to still run the ball when you have the horses to do it. Play action is still a non factor in our offense. But of course everyone bitched last year when we played in cleveland and ran it down their throat all game cause haley never got ben jn a rythem.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:37 pm 

StillerDownSouth wrote:
SP wrote:

My thoughts exactly. Whats wrong with running an offense like KC or Dallas. Its ok to still run the ball when you have the horses to do it. Play action is still a non factor in our offense. But of course everyone bitched last year when we played in cleveland and ran it down their throat all game cause haley never got ben jn a rythem.

What's PA?

How can we never run fucking PA? Like nonexistent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:41 pm 

I somewhat expected the Steelers to struggle on O early because lack of game reps together and Bell not being in football shape, figured they would eventually start clicking but seemed to be running in quicksand all game. Some was penalties putting them behind the sticks a lot, but a lot is also on Haley, who at this point might be the worst o-coordinator in the league.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:58 pm 

We made Kizer look good today with the tackle the catch defense butler employed. Guarantee he looks like a rookie when he faces a dc for a team that knows what hes doing.