It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bomb to AB late - reviewed
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:45 pm 

The call in question is right here at 8:03 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_ObBF7HMAE

I gotta give it to B2B - he's right about AB getting open. He gets behind the defense, Ben sees him slip past the defenders and decides to go for it.
Right away he clearly has Rogers for about 4-5 yards easy, and Bell may have made his man miss if Ben gets it to him in stride.

Ben is shifting left and makes a backfoot throw, either that or the Browns defender gets a little finger on it that he doesn't quite get what he wants on the throw. Thats why it looked a little like a desperation heave when he did it.

I think AB might not have been the safest option, but it was the winning option.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:14 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:
I'll take Ben's risks. He Threaded the Needle a few times this game. That First TD to Outlaw was a tiny window.

Tiny??? Yep...as in, he threw that ball through the eye of a needle. Very few QBs can make that throw...even some of the Greatest Of All Time...

as I said in the game thread, Ben basically threw a fastball into a mailbox moving at 20 mph left to right

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:20 am 

Watch that throw, watch that play...

enjoy it now... because when Ben retires - you won't see that kind of throw very often if at all, especially when it's needed to seal a game.

It's a thing of beauty - and anyone who claims otherwise doesn't know what they are watching.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:15 am 

dropemjaybird wrote:
Watch that throw, watch that play...

enjoy it now... because when Ben retires - you won't see that kind of throw very often if at all, especially when it's needed to seal a game.

It's a thing of beauty - and anyone who claims otherwise doesn't know what they are watching.

You'll see it if you're a fan of the Chiefs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:20 am 

BarryFoster wrote:
In an effort to get a first down or two late, on 2nd and 12 Ben launches a deep pass to a well covered Brown. AB went up and got it. He was the game MVP...insane concentration on a number of tipped passes, etc

My question is this....leading 21-18 with around 3 minutes left, isn't that a really risky throw by Ben?

I remember thinking "glad that wasn't picked" when it happened. Granted it all worked out, but did any of you question that throw or do you feel Ben and AB were in sync there?

I LOVE watching big time risk taking. I suppose you'd like to return to the days of Cowher run-run-run-punt for the whole 2nd half to nurse a 10 point lead.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:18 am 

Nick79 wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
In an effort to get a first down or two late, on 2nd and 12 Ben launches a deep pass to a well covered Brown. AB went up and got it. He was the game MVP...insane concentration on a number of tipped passes, etc

My question is this....leading 21-18 with around 3 minutes left, isn't that a really risky throw by Ben?

I remember thinking "glad that wasn't picked" when it happened. Granted it all worked out, but did any of you question that throw or do you feel Ben and AB were in sync there?

I LOVE watching big time risk taking. I suppose you'd like to return to the days of Cowher run-run-run-punt for the whole 2nd half to nurse a 10 point lead.

Nick....I'm not a fan of run, run, run punt. I'm a fan of moving the sticks and winning the game with the ball in our hands. I'm just asking about a particular play.

No need to be a dick.