It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The insanely BS delayed 45 seconds personal foul
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:18 pm 

I mean fuck you with a firehose NFL. You want a reason why ratings are down? It maybe the piece of shit in the White House or the other piece of shit he ran against, it may be the fucked up world we live in, it may be Kaperdick. It may be all of that but I guarantee you it is also shit like this. It's bad enough you have turned this league into a "Where's the flag" fuckfust after every big hit. I mean that is bad enough. Now though this is going to start happening? Big hit, everyone looks around, Ok no flag onto the next play, 45 seconds later after a few replays, tweeeeeet flag on the field, personal foul so and so. You know damn well that ref heard something in his ear that said "Oh man, we usually call that scary stuff these days and it didn't happen. We need to go back and call it because out of the corner of my eye I saw a replay and it kinda-maybe-could have been an err on the side of caution penalty and we still have time to call it so we are not downgraded and the NFL can look good to the lawyers that they are cutting down on big hits, Bob you need to throw the flag."

I mean it leaves u speechless how tone deaf they seem to be. That was a fucking third down, Steelers get the ball back play and they do that.

Fucking stupid

Post subject: Re: The insanely BS delayed 45 seconds personal foul
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:23 pm 

The hit was dumb high.

My issue was how late it was, as you pointed out. The hit itself was dumb and un-necessary.

Post subject: Re: The insanely BS delayed 45 second personal foul
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:27 pm 

agree...its pathetic...if these guys cant call game at real time like forever ago then why they out there..i hate the recievers after every contested pass demanding a flag, and then depending on?? ;;;;;something ref complies..10 seconds later...then on a good hit..same shit..oh that looked to hard , must be a flag. today the browns stayed in game with these bogus calls. where were the steeler defenders supposed to hit the brown? then it takes them 10 minites to rule Antonio browns catch a catch..how long does he have to possess the freaking ball..if he drops it before handing it to ref is catch negated? it ridiculous.. and today we had phantom delayed holds well after seeing a successful steeler play..then no replay...and the replys we see look like a no hold to me..whole scene now seems shady..

Last edited by bam morris on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:28 pm 

Gay kind of got fucked over based on the fact the Browns player bobbled the catch. I think Gay was expecting some movement. Regardless, it was (a) a foul and (b) insanely late.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:34 pm 

Whether anyone agrees or not the nfl is a momentarily scripted league. Its run above all else by money and real genuine sport is at a low point and ever shrinking.
Everyone here deep down realized this years ago. We can do nothing about it and wont try because we are all helpless addicts and cant stop.

Last edited by SteelerChef on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:35 pm 

It was definitely a penalty-wortrhy hit (at least by today's rules), and I noticed it live and was relieved it wasn't called, but as someone posted in the game thread, you don't use replay to "un-call" penalties, so you should not use it to call penalties.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:35 pm 

i thought the Gay guy's hit was clean. This league is insane with these roughing penalties. Things happen so fast...receiver ducked down....etc....was a great play by the Gay guy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:40 pm 

the hit was questionable by no way should the call be made that much late

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:31 pm 

In the one replay angle you can see the side judge reaching for his flag the moment the hit occurs.

It was only late because of wardrobe malfunction on that official's part.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:33 pm 

That was Very Scripted and Even More Infuriating. Agreed. Water under the bridge now. Moving on.