It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:45 am 

Bell will have some huge games this year...

I would not give him a long term deal unless he gets back to or close to his 2014 level of explosive plays and Y/R.

At this point, I would plan on letting him walk after next season.

Unless he gets his explosive play ability back, I really think it's a mistake to give him a long term deal with a lot of guaranteed money.

Copy Belichick and how he uses his stable of RB's for a fraction of the cost.

... pending on how it plays out this season.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:49 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Is this for real?

Do people think he's really complaining in those tweets?

This is getting ridiculous.

What's ridiculous? His holdout for $15M? Not attending camp? His tweets? Or his performance today?

The posters here who blow everything this dude does out of proportion.

The "old man yells at cloud" style posts that overanalyze Bell's every move. Every social media post means more than it does on the surface. A lot of people here are acting like teenage girls with this Bell thing. It's kind of sad.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:23 pm 

So I just saw that Devonta Freeman signed a 5-yr, $41M deal.

He's in a great situation comparable to Bell, and has produced sort of "Bell-light", granted only 2 years but he hasn't been hurt. He wasn't a FA, but people who have a $10M ceiling on the market for Bell might be pretty close.

If I'm the Cardinals, I'd want to extend David Johnson before Bell does any sort of new deal. Now the Steelers 5/$60M offer is out there, but I doubt the Cardinals will want Bell to set a new market. So hopefully it works out that they do that deal before the Steelers have to decide and it effectively caps Bell's number.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:09 pm 

I don't think the ole Roon's are gonna get a deal done with him, and really, it's best for the team that they don't. Tag him next year and trade him. That'd be the best move they could make.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:51 pm 

Lynch wrote:
I don't think the ole Roon's are gonna get a deal done with him, and really, it's best for the team that they don't. Tag him next year and trade him. That'd be the best move they could make.

Last Season (2016), Le'Veon Bell averaged 157.0 yards from Scrimmage per game, 25 yards per game ahead of 2nd place (Elliott). In 12 games, Bell had 1884 yards from scrimmage, an all-time record pace. That's 105.7 yards rushing per game, and 51.3 yards receiving. He averaged 4.9 yards per carry, and 9 TDs in 12 games.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:45 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
So I just saw that Devonta Freeman signed a 5-yr, $41M deal.

He's in a great situation comparable to Bell, and has produced sort of "Bell-light", granted only 2 years but he hasn't been hurt. He wasn't a FA, but people who have a $10M ceiling on the market for Bell might be pretty close.

If I'm the Cardinals, I'd want to extend David Johnson before Bell does any sort of new deal. Now the Steelers 5/$60M offer is out there, but I doubt the Cardinals will want Bell to set a new market. So hopefully it works out that they do that deal before the Steelers have to decide and it effectively caps Bell's number.

"Bell-light" is pretty insulting to Freeman. I mean, the past two years this is what Freeman has done:

2,135 yards rushing to Bells' 1,824 yards. Freeman had 22 rushing TDs to Bell's 10 rushing TDs. Freeman had 127 receptions, has led all NFL RBs in receptions the past two seasons compared to 99 for Bell. Had 1,040 yards on those catches with 5 receiving TDs to Bell's 752 yards and 2 TDs. 27 overall TDs for Freeman, 12 for Bell.

If anything, Bell, the past two years has had "Freeman-light" type of production. And yet Bell seems to think that he deserves to be paid nearly twice as much as Freeman :roll:

Stallworth16 wrote:
Last Season (2016-17), Le'Veon Bell averaged 157.0 yards from Scrimmage per game, 25 yards per game ahead of 2nd place (Elliott). In 12 games, Bell had 1884 yards from scrimmage, an all-time record pace. That's 105.7 yards rushing per game, and 51.3 yards receiving. He averaged 4.9 yards per carry, and 9 TDs in 12 games.

I know people like to bring up the yards per game average and point to that as it being an example of Bell's greatness. To me it shows how he pales in comparison to great RBs of that past. Priest Holmes holds that #1 mark of 163.3 yards from scrimmage per game.

Look at what Holmes did in those 14 games that he played. First of all, he scored every 16th time that he had the ball. 383 touches, 24 TDs, 24 TDs in 14 games.

Bell? 336 touches, 9 TDs, sorry but that is just pathetic. You are featured in this offense, you want the ball fed to you and the best you can do is score once every 37th touch? Really? And I am supposed to be impressed with that? You scored every 37th touch and you fumbled every 84th touch and you couldn't finish the post season when we needed you. And now you somehow think that you need to touch the ball 30 times a game?

There was this old Wendy's commercial that had this little old lady that would go to competing fast food joints, look at the burgers being offered for consumption and then say, "Where's the beef?". It may look like a burger, but where is the beef?

Bell fancies himself Marshall Faulk, Priest Holmes, Ladanian Tomlinson, etc. Many on here claim he is this generational, once-in-a-lifetime talent, but just like Clara from those Wendy's commercials, I ask "Where's the beef?"

You touch the ball so much, have so much of the offense run though you so where are all of the TDs? Why aren't you scoring 21 TDs, 24 TDs, 27 TDs, and 31 TDs like Faulk, Holmes, Tomlinson all did? Until you do that you are just all style and no substance and the, well, he had 157 yards from scrimmage is just smoke and mirrors.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:11 pm 

Scrunge, if you watched all the games Bell played last season, I can't see how you would think he was anything but incredible. He was an absolute Beast. The fact that he scored 9 TDs is nitpicking, imo. AB had a lot of TDs last season, and Bell could have had more depending on the situations and play calling. His performance last season was better than any RB including Elliott, and matched Bell's 2014 production, and he was playing with a groin injury in 2016. It was not empty yards. Bell played a Huge role in the Steelers winning games.

Watch this tape of his 298 yd 3TD game in week 14:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o64DIbOs9vI

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:37 pm 

He's a good rb, no one can deny it. But he's never there at the end of the season, and has rarely been available at the beginning of the season. He's not explosive, and doesn't require a defense to over commit. To me, that back is worth less than what Rooney reportedly offered. The team could use the high draft pick he'll fetch for qb ammo, and they're gonna need some.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:44 pm 

Stallworth16 wrote:
Scrunge, if you watched all the games Bell played last season, I can't see how you would think he was anything but incredible. He was an absolute Beast. The fact that he scored 9 TDs is nitpicking, imo. AB had a lot of TDs last season, and Bell could have had more depending on the situations and play calling. His performance last season was better than any RB including Elliott, and matched Bell's 2014 production, and he was playing with a groin injury in 2016. It was not empty yards. Bell played a Huge role in the Steelers winning games.

He wasn't better than David Johnson last year, but carry on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:49 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:

He wasn't better than David Johnson last year, but carry on.

That's a matter of debate. DJ had a great season. I'll take Bell's 4.9 per carry to Johnson's 4.2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next