It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 338
They shoulda traded the dude in the offseason.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:41 am
Posts: 251
Takes a big man to go complain on Twitter. Bench his ass next week. Fuck him.

_________________
"If it ain't broke, don't break it"..........Charles Oakley


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:22 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 2544
I guess the Oline not run blocking was also punishment. whatever motivates him to do better next week.

_________________
So here’s the thing about watching game tape: it’s only as useful as the asshole watching it. - Drew Magary


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 8899
KCSteeler wrote:
Takes a big man to go complain on Twitter.


Didn't seem like complaining, to me. Seemed more like attempting to laugh off a bad performance.

Run blocking was not good, and Bell was rusty. Not worried.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 5811
Lynch wrote:
They shoulda traded the dude in the offseason.


Bring back Merril!

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 8899
BarryFoster wrote:
Lynch wrote:
They shoulda traded the dude in the offseason.


Bring back Merril!


I remember some on this board creaming themselves over Felix Jones outpacing a bunch of grocery baggers. I said it was dumb to cut Redman, and he was back two weeks later.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:36 pm
Posts: 338
Is John Kuhn still out there?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1262
I was one who was saying not to be worried about him being away all summer, that it wouldn't affect his game at all.

I was wrong. When you think about it, his former strong performances, on his first game back from suspensions after missing two games, 3 games, etc. they had one thing in common. He was not suspended for training camp or the preseason. He was with the team both of those times, putting in the work, around his brothers, gelling, etc.

This time with the layoff of not being around because he was delaying signing his franchise tender, he did not have the benefit of the preseason of training camp. It looked to me like he was badly, hopelessly out of sync with the offense, with Ben, and they with him.

Also, he looked really, really slow and tentative. Usually he is one not to take too many runs or catches for no yards, but he really looked bad today.

I will say this as well, not just Bell, but all of them on offense need to get off their collective high horse and stop reading their press clippings. Eli Rogers you had what? 2 catches for 11 yards? On 5 targets? JuJu did you even have a catch? And you eliminated two good plays with holding penalties JuJu? And Justin Hunter was deemed unworthy to get a hat because of what exactly? Between Bryant/JuJu/Rogers they combined for 4 catches for 25 yards. Justin Hunter might have gotten a deep pass or two completed and may have got things rolling faster.

_________________
The Steelers have a greater chance of finding a Unicorn, or a Sasquatch, or the Loch Ness Monster than they do in finding another great 3-4 OLB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 5877
KCSteeler wrote:
Takes a big man to go complain on Twitter. Bench his ass next week. Fuck him.


It's Bell being Bell....I think his coaches & teammates know this. Just ignore his tweets, videos, etc. and turn him loose on Sundays.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Leveon
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 13893
Scunge wrote:
I was one who was saying not to be worried about him being away all summer, that it wouldn't affect his game at all.

I was wrong. When you think about it, his former strong performances, on his first game back from suspensions after missing two games, 3 games, etc. they had one thing in common. He was not suspended for training camp or the preseason. He was with the team both of those times, putting in the work, around his brothers, gelling, etc.

This time with the layoff of not being around because he was delaying signing his franchise tender, he did not have the benefit of the preseason of training camp. It looked to me like he was badly, hopelessly out of sync with the offense, with Ben, and they with him.

Also, he looked really, really slow and tentative. Usually he is one not to take too many runs or catches for no yards, but he really looked bad today.

I will say this as well, not just Bell, but all of them on offense need to get off their collective high horse and stop reading their press clippings. Eli Rogers you had what? 2 catches for 11 yards? On 5 targets? JuJu did you even have a catch? And you eliminated two good plays with holding penalties JuJu? And Justin Hunter was deemed unworthy to get a hat because of what exactly? Between Bryant/JuJu/Rogers they combined for 4 catches for 25 yards. Justin Hunter might have gotten a deep pass or two completed and may have got things rolling faster.

Additionally, he allowed himself to be flatfooted a few times, something he didn't do at all when he was rolling. He missed two catches b/c he was planted on the ground instead of on the balls of his feet, and he had at least one run where he got stopped cold because he was too planted to jump cut out of it.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], JackSplat58, Louis Lipps Service and 22 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group