It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Brown vs. Browns
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:28 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
I'm not sure AB is even the best or even top-3 WR's.

Hinestuff wrote:
Huh? Smoke another dude

JJones and Beckham. Put down the crack pipe - I can put more names up for argument. If you think AB is INARGUABLY the best, or even top-3, WR then you're flat out a homer.

I think he's DEFINITELY as good as both of them....OB drops balls that AB NEVER drops. He has the best hands in football. JJ is only other WR in AB's class.

That's it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:17 am 

Still Lit wrote:
But see some might argue that AB is largely responsible for Ben still being relevant.

Keep telling yourself that AB does not elevate Ben every bit as much as Ben elevates AB. Without AB Ben does not look so great.

Ben's done it a long time before AB. Or have you forgotten that playoff game against DEN when he put up 300+ without AB and Bell? Ben still has a strong, accurate arm. He'd be getting it done without AB. I think AB playing with the less accurate Eli is not in this conversation.

Not to take anything away from AB, but he struggled with Landry. I think Ben elevates AB a lot more than the other way around.

Some people like to ride receiver nuts because it's a passing league, but the truth is that position is every bit as much of a commodity as people think RB is. But there seems to be a lot more "special" receivers than "special" RB's.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:20 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:
It's personal preference. I would put AB at 1, Julius Jones as 1a, step down to Beckham at 3.

Fair enough. Those guys don't play with chopped liver, but I think both would be better with Ben. Landry Jones is not starting caliber, but with him AB has been rather pedestrian.

Stallworth and Swann would be pedestrian with Landry Jones.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:36 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
But see some might argue that AB is largely responsible for Ben still being relevant.

Keep telling yourself that AB does not elevate Ben every bit as much as Ben elevates AB. Without AB Ben does not look so great.

Ben's done it a long time before AB. Or have you forgotten that playoff game against DEN when he put up 300+ without AB and Bell? Ben still has a strong, accurate arm. He'd be getting it done without AB. I think AB playing with the less accurate Eli is not in this conversation.

Not to take anything away from AB, but he struggled with Landry. I think Ben elevates AB a lot more than the other way around.

Some people like to ride receiver nuts because it's a passing league, but the truth is that position is every bit as much of a commodity as people think RB is. But there seems to be a lot more "special" receivers than "special" RB's.

Ben and AB have elevated each other throughout their respective careers. The Steelers offensive line's pass protection these last few years have elevated both.

Jerry Rice transitioned from the prior generation's GOAT Montana to HOF Young. Young was Montana's backup. AB is hardly so lucky. Using dumbfuck Landry Jones's small and horrid sample size of NFL suckitude for comparison is poor argument.

Regardless, in this game, Ben was pedestrian and AB was the star. Cleveland did a damn fine job but what worries me is that Ben didn't look rusty. He looked like he didn't want to be there.

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.

Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:40 pm 

AB highlights week 1 vs Browns...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:03 pm 

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2017/09/film-room-steelers-free-up-antonio-brown-monster-day/