It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: TJ Watt game 1...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:13 pm 

Here's 2 more TJ videos, which many of you have seen:

First day in Pittsburgh, Pamela's, Primanti Bros, and the Incline:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3YdF9qEDl4

JJ talks about working out with TJ:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO4dq3uI4Dw

And credit to JJ Watt, who set out to raise $200,000 for Hurricane Harvey victims but ended up raising over $32 million so far.
https://www.youcaring.com/victimsofhurr ... vey-915053

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 648572001/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:13 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Was terrific today. Made it look easy.

Granted, Kizer held the ball into some coverage sacks, but Watt did what he was supposed to do in the circumstances.

True, however, that really flattered Chickillo more than Watt. On 1st sack Watt go to QB at about 3 seconds. He also beat Thomas initially 3 times by my count. Watt shows more moves, intelligence and drive than I've seen in a Steeler rookie for a very long time.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:23 pm 

steelclan wrote:
On 1st sack Watt go to QB at about 3 seconds.

Yes he did.

I rewatched that play several times timing it due to a buddy (he's a cryboys fan so fuck him :D ) making it sound like the qb held the ball a long time. Not true at all.

Slick move by Watt spinning back inside and he got there quick.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:26 pm 

Only rookie I saw that looked as good was Lawson. He absolutely tooled with Stanley. Beat to the edge, inside and with swim move. It got so bad Rats had to start chipping him with a TE and RB on pass plays even then he still got pressure. Bengals may have gotten the steal of the draft but it also highlights why Tomlin is a better coach then Lewis. If Lawson plays like that here in pre-season I bet he starts over Chickillo. In Rats game he got 22 snaps. Just plain stupid as obvious as it was Stanley couldn't handle him. To be fair Stanley also had issues with the stiff as fuck Patrick Willis as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:04 pm 

steelclan wrote:
Only rookie I saw that looked as good was Lawson. He absolutely tooled with Stanley. Beat to the edge, inside and with swim move. It got so bad Rats had to start chipping him with a TE and RB on pass plays even then he still got pressure. Bengals may have gotten the steal of the draft but it also highlights why Tomlin is a better coach then Lewis. If Lawson plays like that here in pre-season I bet he starts over Chickillo. In Rats game he got 22 snaps. Just plain stupid as obvious as it was Stanley couldn't handle him. To be fair Stanley also had issues with the stiff as fuck Patrick Willis as well.

IDK, man, I watched Willis in preseason and he looked plenty blendy.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:28 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
steelclan wrote:

and its Jordan Willis...Patrick retired

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:31 pm 

You know who's really fuckin stiff? LC Greenwood. And he was one of the best edge rushers ever.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:34 pm 

Havoc wrote:
steelclan wrote:
On 1st sack Watt go to QB at about 3 seconds.

Yes he did.

I rewatched that play several times timing it due to a buddy (he's a cryboys fan so fuck him :D ) making it sound like the qb held the ball a long time. Not true at all.

Slick move by Watt spinning back inside and he got there quick.

And on his 2nd sack he applied the initial pressure to flush Kizer out of the pocket (beating a double team, no less). Yes Kizer should have thrown it away, but it was a great rush and great hustle by Watt all around.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:34 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
steelclan wrote:

and its Jordan Willis...Patrick retired

And doing well in Silicon Valley they say.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:36 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
You know who's really fuckin stiff? LC Greenwood. And he was one of the best edge rushers ever.

Boooo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next