It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:52 am 

Holy Shit!! I must've slept through my alarm.

Last thing I remember was the Stanley Cup parade, Ollie Maatta being shit-faced, Sid hoisting the Cup.

Has Mike Sullivan taken his Football 101 class? Will he be on the sidelines today, transferring his coaching magic to the football Black & Gold? That dude makes all the right moves, no doubt.

Part of my three-month long dream, just before I woke up was that the Patriots got hammered by the Chefs on Thursday night. That really happen? And what the fuck!! I'm looking at my fantasy roster....I have both Brady & Gronk??? Who the hell picked my team!!!

Anyway, oft-said to wake me up just before kick off of the opening game. Well, kickoff's a little over an hour away. All my connections are on....Sunday Ticket is working, not like you cheap bastards begging for a link every week. I'll be in my chair, got a 50" TV this time around. Steelers-Browns!! Got some coffee in me, beers in the fridge. Here we go again!!

Post subject: Re: Wakeup Time!!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:16 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

Last thing I remember was the Stanley Cup parade, Ollie Maatta being shit-faced, Sid hoisting the Cup.

Has Mike Sullivan taken his Football 101 class? Will he be on the sidelines today, transferring his coaching magic to the football Black & Gold? That dude makes all the right moves, no doubt.

Part of my three-month long dream, just before I woke up was that the Patriots got hammered by the Chefs on Thursday night. That really happen? And what the fuck!! I'm looking at my fantasy roster....I have both Brady & Gronk??? Who the hell picked my team!!!

Anyway, oft-said to wake me up just before kick off of the opening game. Well, kickoff's a little over an hour away. All my connections are on....Sunday Ticket is working, not like you cheap bastards begging for a link every week. I'll be in my chair, got a 50" TV this time around. Steelers-Browns!! Got some coffee in me, beers in the fridge. Here we go again!!

Hey- if I could get grandfathered in like you did, I would use Sunday Ticket as well.

But I'm not overpaying for a whole bunch of services I don't want to get what I do- for just four or so games a year.

I'm not cheap- I just practice unfettered capitalism!

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:21 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Hey- if I could get grandfathered in like you did, I would use Sunday Ticket as well.

But I'm not overpaying for a whole bunch of services I don't want to get what I do- for just four or so games a year.

I'm not cheap- I just practice unfettered capitalism!

Guess you've got point there, Jeems. Only DTV service I pay for is Sunday Ticket.

As we speak, there's an app on my TV for Sunday Ticket, but the fuckin' thing keep freezing on me. Going to fire up the laptop, connect it to the TV

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:52 pm 

Today was a horrible day for links for me. Every one I found was just awful.

I'm as cheap as they come, but I might have to break down....

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:16 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
As we speak, there's an app on my TV for Sunday Ticket, but the fuckin' thing keep freezing on me. Going to fire up the laptop, connect it to the TV

Ding! Ding! Ding!

That's why I didn't purchase that service this year. Went another route I give a thumbs up to for Wk1

It's not that I'm averse to buying Sunday Ticket, it's just that the my user experience has been awful (wait until it crashes for an entire game - that happened to me the past two years). And, like Jeemie, I only need it for 5-6 games.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:22 pm 

What up Swiss?!?! You need to treat your fellow Guido Chickillo to a Vinnie's pie!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:37 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Ding! Ding! Ding!

That's why I didn't purchase that service this year. Went another route I give a thumbs up to for Wk1

It's not that I'm averse to buying Sunday Ticket, it's just that the my user experience has been awful (wait until it crashes for an entire game - that happened to me the past two years). And, like Jeemie, I only need it for 5-6 games.

Hooked up the laptop to my TV and was just fine....didn't freeze at all during the game. I said at the beginning that if Sunday Ticket charged 3x what they charge, I wold still get it. That day has come; I still subscribe.

Too many years blacked out of Steeler games for me NOT to subscribe.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:39 pm 

Lynch wrote:
What up Swiss?!?! You need to treat your fellow Guido Chickillo to a Vinnie's pie!!!

I didn't think he was a dago, Lynch, as the name that end in vowels but have a K usually are Hunkie or similar. Looked up the origin though, and sure enough, Chickillo is dago. Sure, large Vinnie's with Canadian bacon on me....412-271-9181

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:41 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Hooked up the laptop to my TV and was just fine....didn't freeze at all during the game. I said at the beginning that if Sunday Ticket charged 3x what they charge, I wold still get it. That day has come; I still subscribe.

Too many years blacked out of Steeler games for me NOT to subscribe.

I had it on PS3 for several years and had too many issues.

I did the laptop thing, like you, last year. I had issues. One week they pushed some sort of update that broke the service and I missed an entire game.

Maybe they've fixed these issues. But last year I had good games, and other times I was pissed the fuck off (2-3 times I had to resort to free streams). I seriously doubt they've invested and figured out how to handle peak demand periods.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:47 pm 

Sounds like you've had some bad luck, Kodiak.....worst that's happened to me has been, since 1994
*Laptop freezing for some seconds at a time, never for long periods (...and NEVER a problem with the standard def TV that my standard def dish is hooked up to)
*Blacking out of nationally televised games that then you miss the start of because first game goes long. That shit REALLY pisses me off...missed damn near 1st quarter of some games, but then so does, everyone watching on network TV