It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season #1: Steelers @ Browns Game Comments
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:42 pm 

SteelRaptor wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@gerrydulac
Steelers give game ball to Joe Haden, who never won a season opener in seven seasons w the Browns. https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/9 ... -afc-north
Classy move!

I am not sure about a classy move here. It seems to me like a telegraphed move to boost Hayden's confident's. I didn't see anything special from him today. If anything TJ Watt should have got it.

To the bolded...

Neither did I.

I noticed receivers getting too much space on him a few times.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:24 am 

Havoc wrote:
SteelRaptor wrote:
Quote:
@gerrydulac
Steelers give game ball to Joe Haden, who never won a season opener in seven seasons w the Browns. https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/9 ... -afc-north

I am not sure about a classy move here. It seems to me like a telegraphed move to boost Hayden's confident's. I didn't see anything special from him today. If anything TJ Watt should have got it.

To the bolded...

Neither did I.

I noticed receivers getting too much space on him a few times.

Agreed. I saw nothing to alleviate my fears

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:13 pm 

Not sure if this was mentioned, but you got to like the way Nix realized that there were plenty of Steelers going for the ball on the blocked punt. Then, he turns around and looks to block any Browns player that may get close. Team player.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:40 pm 

SteelersPR wrote:
Not sure if this was mentioned, but you got to like the way Nix realized that there were plenty of Steelers going for the ball on the blocked punt. Then, he turns around and looks to block any Browns player that may get close. Team player.

Nice "find" steelerspr

I hadn't noticed that so I just rewatched that play.

Smart player I think. I have liked Nix since the beginning. You need guys like NIx in their proper roles to have a complete and contending team.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:57 pm 

SteelersPR wrote:

PR - I saw that too on the first replay and immediately though about what a heady player he is. He saw there where 2-3 Steelers that could recover the ball and immediately turn to block any Brown that could stop that from successfully happening! We need 45 more just like him on the team. Smart, smart paly. Too often most uninvolved players get caught up in the moment and lose their ability to do the "smart" thing within the play.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 93, 94, 95, 96, 97