It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 53 and me
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:20 pm 

franco32 wrote:
I think McCullers is done personally. I don't think he'll make the cut.

As for Kaepernick, we don't need that talentless circus act here.

Frankly, the only city with less desire for Kap then the burgh is probably Miami.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:23 pm 

DrMalba wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
franco32 wrote:
Let's agree for arguments sake that Kaep doesn't totally suck. He's still a circus show. We don't need that distraction in our locker room. This social justice warrior nonsense is tiresome, and we don't need fake sports reporters from ESPN visiting us and talking politics all the time.

I disagree.

Where this Kap fantasy all breaks down for me, is adding the press sideshow and also putting him in a locker room containing a decorated combat veteran.
Also, the Steelers already have a backup QB that knows the system and has proven he can win games, even if he isn't the athlete that Kap is.
Laundry is the plan, and like it or not Laundry is gonna be the transition guy for a season or two until the Steelers can draft the next franchise QB.

Actually, this would be the only reason I'd love to see Kaeperdick come to Pittsburgh so Villy could tear off his head and shit down his neck.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:06 am 

Quote:
Where this Kap fantasy all breaks down for me, is adding the press sideshow and also putting him in a locker room containing a decorated combat veteran.

Do you really think AV is dumb/thin skinned enough to care?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:15 am 

fortythree wrote:
Quote:

Good point by you. He probably hasn't given that shitbag a single thought.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:36 am 

Obviously wrote:
fortythree wrote:
Quote:

Good point by you. He probably hasn't given that shitbag a single thought.
Actually, he has. IIRC, they asked him about Kap's taking a knee during the anthem. Either way, the Steelers organization is all about team, and as long as you work for the team, nobody cares. Blount didn't care about team, and he was ejected. I'm sure villy would welcome him as long as he did everything possible for the team. Further, if he did show up as a teammate, I'm sure they would make it clear that if he stirred the soup, he'd be gone the next day. He'd just have to make it clear to everybody he's here for football and football only. Besides, the rooney's are sympathetic to Kaps views, considering they introduced the rooney rule.

But this is all all a moot point. The steelers are staying with Jones and Dobbs. Unless they think dobbs is the answer(which I don't think they do), they would have gone out and at least shown interest. Which they haven't, as far as I can tell - but I don't think it has anything to do with his political views or activism.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:57 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
Further, if he did show up as a teammate, I'm sure they would make it clear that if he stirred the soup, he'd be gone the next day. He'd just have to make it clear to everybody he's here for football and football only. Besides, the rooney's are sympathetic to Kaps views, considering they introduced the rooney rule.

Herein lies the problem - Kaep cares more about promoting Colin Kaepernick than advancing any sort of cause. You don't wear a pro-Fidel Castro shirt to a press conference in Miami unless your primary goal is to stir shit up; and you don't compare a team owner to a slave master if you actually want a job.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:02 pm 

Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
Further, if he did show up as a teammate, I'm sure they would make it clear that if he stirred the soup, he'd be gone the next day. He'd just have to make it clear to everybody he's here for football and football only. Besides, the rooney's are sympathetic to Kaps views, considering they introduced the rooney rule.

Herein lies the problem - Kaep cares more about promoting Colin Kaepernick than advancing any sort of cause. You don't wear a pro-Fidel Castro shirt to a press conference in Miami unless your primary goal is to stir shit up; and you don't compare a team owner to a slave master if you actually want a job.
Didn't Adrian Petersen also call the NFL slave labor? Richard Sherman has said some juicy comments critical of the NFL. I'm sure those sentiment aren't just held by Kap, Petersen or Sherman.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:10 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Didn't Adrian Petersen also call the NFL slave labor? Richard Sherman has said some juicy comments critical of the NFL. I'm sure those sentiment aren't just held by Kap, Petersen or Sherman.

Those guys were producing at an elite level and were under contract. Also doesn't make them correct.

If you want to blame anyone in this, blame ESPN - it's not worth the media circus to sign someone who will be a marginal contributor (at best). See also: Michael Sam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:15 pm 

Pabst wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

Those guys were producing at an elite level and were under contract. Also doesn't make them correct.

If you want to blame anyone in this, blame ESPN - it's not worth the media circus to sign someone who will be a marginal contributor (at best). See also: Michael Sam
Michael Sam didn't have skills. Kaepernick has skills.

I don't have a dog in this fight, am not defending him, nor looking to assign blame. But I can say that he's not done much to endear himself to prospective employers. At the same time, we can agree that ESPN and the media are constantly looking for controversy, and do what they can to add fuel. The whole thing is overblown, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:18 pm 

We can have this discussion about whether he'd be worth it to Pittsburgh... but the NYJ? Miami? Jacksonville? Those teams don't have shit at QB.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next