It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: James Harrison in the offseason
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:16 pm 

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/james ... 50872.html

Good for core burst and reverse cowgirl, I guess.

Post subject: Re: James Harrison in the offseason
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:27 pm 

That's fucking insane.
What I'd like to know is, how in the hell does he get the weights/bar into position for that exercise?

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:29 am 

When James Harrison says, "Oh, SHIT." after an exercise, you can bet it's pretty freaking hard.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:39 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
That's fucking insane.
What I'd like to know is, how in the hell does he get the weights/bar into position for that exercise?

Wondering the same thing. And if you chose to use spotters how would that work with all the 45's on the bar?

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 7:48 am 

Only 675 pounds... :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:43 am 

He won't be able to walk in 10 years. Steroids, growth hormone, genetics, who the F knows. All I know is I have worked out for over 20 years and both my elbows are shot, my neck goes out a more then a few times a year, my shoulder clicks and hurts and I'm not even getting into my back or knees. All this while not playing football and lifting that insane weight. I am only 3 years older then JH, it is really amazing what he is doing regardless of how.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 9:34 am 

Whenever I see James Harrison in the weight room, the movie "Unbreakable" comes to mind.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:08 am 

Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
He won't be able to walk in 10 years. Steroids, growth hormone, genetics, who the F knows. All I know is I have worked out for over 20 years and both my elbows are shot, my neck goes out a more then a few times a year, my shoulder clicks and hurts and I'm not even getting into my back or knees. All this while not playing football and lifting that insane weight. I am only 3 years older then JH, it is really amazing what he is doing regardless of how.

In my totally uninformed opinion, this is why body weight excercise is the best thing. Unless you play a sport that requires it, the only reason to lift a bunch of weights is to body sculpt or get bigger muscles. Chin ups, pull ups, dips, sit ups, and endurance squats (pistol, etc) are the way to go. Do these in moderation and you'll still be knocking out 30 chins in a row at age 65.

I switched to gym rings for chins and pulls a couple of years ago bc the stationary bar was starting to mess with my elbows and shoulders.

I cannot conceive how Harrison continues to work out as he does.

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:10 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:

In my totally uninformed opinion, this is why body weight excercise is the best thing. Unless you play a sport that requires it, the only reason to lift a bunch of weights is to body sculpt or get bigger muscles. Chin ups, pull ups, dips, sit ups, and endurance squats (pistol, etc) are the way to go. Do these in moderation and you'll still be knocking out 30 chins in a row at age 65.

I switched to gym rings for chins and pulls a couple of years ago bc the stationary bar was starting to mess with my elbows and shoulders.

I cannot conceive how Harrison continues to work out as he does.

Any gravity exercise is going to take its toll. Swimming is probably better for you

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 2:54 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:

Any gravity exercise is going to take its toll. Swimming is probably better for you

Oh, no argument, there. I just meant that if you are going to lift weight for reasons other than sport or vanity, why not lift yourself?