It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 7:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tweets On Rookies, Minicamp
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:22 am 

To be honest I have a lot of confidence in JuJu and not a lot of confidence in the rest of Ben's options. Bryant was the guy who was ending the 2015 season with 2 catches for 6 yards in the last two games with one of those being a loss to the Ravens. Ben was calling him out on radio and challenging him to man up, step up, etc. He was suspended for a year, now has been reinstated.

You have Coates and his mangled hand and fragile confidence, Rogers did just okay as the slot WR but he just may not have the tools to get any better. Hunter has proven to be a deep threat but I don't think he will be the guy to throw to over the middle or be a guy that moves the chains. Bey is similar to Hunter in that he is better further down the field.

Then you have Green who I think is just going to be a tease and never be able to put together a decent season. Those concussions are a bitch and he just really frightens me in how eerily similar his career path is to Jordan Cameron.

So, yeah, I think that many of these options for Ben are going to disappoint, are going to disappear or blow their opportunities and Haley/Tomlin/Ben are going to embrace JuJu and his alpha dog mentality.

See, I think when it comes to WRs, I think you see it very early, I think you see players that just have 'it'. Here we are 4 years later waiting for a full season of Bryant, here we are waiting to see what Coates can do in his 3rd season, waiting to see if Ladarius Green can be a full time, season long starter at TE after how many years in the NFL?

The fact that it is taking so long for these gentlemen to prove themselves is not a good sign and it is why they drafted JuJu. He has confidence and swagger and will take targets away from them if they don't crank up their games significantly.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:25 am 

DHB is getting up there - might Coates become the new DHB on ST and have a similar career path?

I could see a late round pick for either Rogers or Coates...both have shown they can play in the NFL, and that's usually more than you expect from an R6/R7 pick.

Agreed that AB, JuJu, Bryant and Rogers are locks....although I would not be completely shocked if they were to trade Bryant for an R3/R4.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:39 pm 

As I suspected. Odom is not a seem splitter. He's a tall, skinny, plodding, TE. If he was a white guy, he'd be just a ham and egger.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:45 pm 

R S wrote:
As I suspected. Odom is not a seem splitter. He's a tall, skinny, plodding, TE. If he was a white guy, he'd be just a ham and egger.

:roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:49 pm 

R S wrote:

He's half an inch taller and 13 lbs heavier than Ladarius Green and he moves a little better than Xavier Grimble and Jesse James. Odom may or may not be able to do what's needed, thus, practice squad type guy.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:53 pm 

R S wrote:

In other words, you'd be rooting for him if he were white.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:02 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
R S wrote:

No, but I wouldn't be penciling him into the practice squad a day after being an unsigned tryout invitee!

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:55 pm 

R S wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:
R S wrote:

No, but I wouldn't be penciling him into the practice squad a day after being an unsigned tryout invitee!

Poor white people. Never penciled in as sure practice squad guys a day after being unsigned tryout invitees.

How will they ever recover?

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:56 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
R S wrote:

:lol:

AKA Jesse James Syndrome

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 1:57 pm 

Glad to hear Cam Sutton did well this weekend. We could really use his help this year. Allen may be raw, but if we keep assignments easy for him, maybe he can make the roster and make some plays. I'd hate to put a freak like that on the PS if he has a good preseason. He'd be as good as gone.

I agree with Scunge on Juju. Running a 4.5 at 20 years old at his size is pretty damn good. It's not like he's 185...he's 215! Assuming that is the fastest he'll ever be is nonsense. Lots of receivers got faster as they entered their early to mid 20s...Rice and Fitzgerald come to mind, but there have been others.

Good to hearKeion Adams showed some flash too. I was high on that pick and I still think he could surprise a lot of people. He's just very natural in his first step and through the edge. If he can replace Moats, I'd be ecstatic. Also great to read that Watt was good in coverage. A few of us brought that up after the draft. People think he never dropped in his life and he actually was pretty damn good. I remember watching the Big 10 Championship where he had to cover Barkley on a wheel route (talk about a tough assignment). McSorley had a perfect throw to beat him in coverage but TJ was there. Sometimes a player can impress you as much on a bad play as they can on a good play. That was one of those times.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next