It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Brady gets the Madden cover
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:04 pm 

he did another mocking video

it's funny, but it tempts fate even more.

see the Brady concussion thread

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:48 pm 

Pabst wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Finally! :lol:

He really hasn't had it before? EVER? I don't follow the Madden cover thing, I remember Kordell got it because everyone thought he'd be a fantasy stud, in '98 he was a top rated fantasy QB after his one good season. I'm shocked if this is Brady's first time.

Kordell was never on the Madden cover.

As for Brady, it's quite possible that he's turned it down in the past (Manning was also never on the cover). I doubt you get much compensation for being the cover athlete, and its not like he needs to money/exposure. They also seem to go for guys that are highlight package players (Vick, Polamalu, Calvin Johnson), and/or guys with monster stats (Shaun Alexander, Drew Brees, Marshall Faulk), and/or loudmouth self promoters (Sherman & Gronk).

I thought Kordell was on it in 1998?

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:02 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Pabst wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
He really hasn't had it before? EVER? I don't follow the Madden cover thing, I remember Kordell got it because everyone thought he'd be a fantasy stud, in '98 he was a top rated fantasy QB after his one good season. I'm shocked if this is Brady's first time.

Kordell was never on the Madden cover.

As for Brady, it's quite possible that he's turned it down in the past (Manning was also never on the cover). I doubt you get much compensation for being the cover athlete, and its not like he needs to money/exposure. They also seem to go for guys that are highlight package players (Vick, Polamalu, Calvin Johnson), and/or guys with monster stats (Shaun Alexander, Drew Brees, Marshall Faulk), and/or loudmouth self promoters (Sherman & Gronk).

I thought Kordell was on it in 1998?

Athletes weren't on the cover until 2001 (Eddie George). Before then, it was always a picture of Madden himself.

Kordell was on the cover of NFL blitz, however.