It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 5132
franco32 wrote:
Unless he is injured, I'm disgusted by the Steelers failing to pursue Barnidge. This close minded thinking really does hold us back at times. Green won't make it out of the preseason and then what? Have some damn insurance.


Are we the only team in the league who could use him?

Why hasn't he been signed by anyone yet?

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1236
BarryFoster wrote:
franco32 wrote:
Unless he is injured, I'm disgusted by the Steelers failing to pursue Barnidge. This close minded thinking really does hold us back at times. Green won't make it out of the preseason and then what? Have some damn insurance.


Are we the only team in the league who could use him?

Why hasn't he been signed by anyone yet?



Not signed yet. Visited Buffalo...Plans to visit Jacksonville and Carolina I believe. Said he was taking a break before making more visits.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 3001
I believe Wednesday is the cut off day for FA that count to comp pick process.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 9630
Boston is deciding on either Chargers or Bills. I know where I'd go. Sunshine and bikini's.....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 3001
I agree there really no choice there


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:11 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1236
Steelafan77 wrote:
Boston is deciding on either Chargers or Bills. I know where I'd go. Sunshine and bikini's.....



Telling you right now guys, the Chargers could be a very scary team this year. (Not because of Tre Boston)

I drafted for them in the 2nd mock, and I was amazed how loaded they are with young talent. They will get some key injured players back this year as well as a full year of Bosa. Wildcard contender....

Had a very solid draft too, although I would have take McCaffrey instead of Williams in the first.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 12737
I don't think much of the LA Chargers, except to say I think they'll be the best team in LA this year.

Keenan Allen is less than 100%, following ACL tear/surgery and the Chargers have crap behind him, aside from a very low-floor Mike Williams. Antonio Gates is on his last legs and Hunter Henry is just as soft as ever. Im not a big believer in Mel Gordon, but they did upgrade the middle of their OL. Decent defense in the front 7, but safety is a big issue and they'll struggle to score more than they give up. Anthony Lynn did a really nice job using the pieces in Buffalo-- but he's got a whole lot less to work with in LA.

On top of that, they're easily the fourth team in a four team race. Very tough division and all three got better since last year.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 12737
Steelafan77 wrote:
Boston is deciding on either Chargers or Bills. I know where I'd go. Sunshine and bikini's.....

He can legitimately start in LA. In pgh, he'll be lucky to see the field on 3rd downs.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm
Posts: 1236
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I don't think much of the LA Chargers, except to say I think they'll be the best team in LA this year.

Keenan Allen is less than 100%, following ACL tear/surgery and the Chargers have crap behind him, aside from a very low-floor Mike Williams. Antonio Gates is on his last legs and Hunter Henry is just as soft as ever. Im not a big believer in Mel Gordon, but they did upgrade the middle of their OL. Decent defense in the front 7, but safety is a big issue and they'll struggle to score more than they give up. Anthony Lynn did a really nice job using the pieces in Buffalo-- but he's got a whole lot less to work with in LA.

On top of that, they're easily the fourth team in a four team race. Very tough division and all three got better since last year.


8-8 or 9-7 and they will finish ahead of Denver. Wildcard may be a stretch, but this is a much better team than their record last year.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:03 pm
Posts: 296
Location: Born and raised "Yinzer" living in OKC!
It appears to me the Chargers will have a better, younger, faster roster, on paper, than they have in recent past. Rivers is still a QB that can make a so-so WR corp look pretty good. BUT, even if their division takes steps back, how strong a run, how many games can a team win when they play at home and only have 300 fans in the stands???

AM I wrong here or are they gonna have some of the lowest game day crowds in recent history???


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group