It is currently Sun May 28, 2017 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:51 pm 

Blurb from Rotoworld:

Quote:
The meeting with the Steelers happened Friday, and Boston reports it "went great." He will visit the Chargers next with the Bills and former DC Sean McDermott his final stop. Waived by the Panthers Tuesday, Boston was never going to lack for interest on the open market.

When I saw the Panthers cut him, I thought they should give him a look.

Post subject: Re: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:27 pm 

I don't recall watching him play, but we need all the help we can get in the secondary.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:04 pm 

If it went great, why let him go visit other teams?

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:25 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
If it went great, why let him go visit other teams?

Because Tomlin.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:30 pm 

I would also like for the Steelers to bring in two other safeties to kick the tires if you will. Marcus Gilchrist was cut because the Jets drafted two safeties in the first and second rounds and he is coming off a knee injury. Aaron Williams, formerly of Buffalo has had injury issues as well but both can play and would look nice as the 3rd safety. I would sign either one to a two year deal.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:29 am 

Scunge wrote:
I would also like for the Steelers to bring in two other safeties to kick the tires if you will. Marcus Gilchrist was cut because the Jets drafted two safeties in the first and second rounds and he is coming off a knee injury. Aaron Williams, formerly of Buffalo has had injury issues as well but both can play and would look nice as the 3rd safety. I would sign either one to a two year deal.

This is where I am at as well since we didn't draft a safety. Same goes for TEs, we should have already brought in Gary Barnidge and Jacob Tamme.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:35 am 

These were my two other choices if Boston signs elsewhere.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8687&start=30

Quote:
Likely the Steelers are waiting til the the 9th to sign anymore FA's. May 9th is the cut off for signing FA's and it won't affect the due compensatory pick(s) entitlement. I definitely look at Gerald Hodges. Been pounding the keyboard for a while for him long Before the draft. He is still available. Boston was brought to my attention yesterday looking at an article where FA's were the topic. Boston isn't the top of the tier safety and could be relegated to spot play. Dime/Nickel would be good enough in addition to ST's. Barnidge was also a name mentioned. B2B was first to call him to attention. Yes, he is still available. 3 definite contributors. Not sure how cheap they come.

Edit: Torn Petella, Jets released S Marcus Gilchrist http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/661 ... -gilchrist likely wouldn't play in 2017. My bad... :oops: :lol:

Vikings waived S Cedric Thompson http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/105 ... c-thompson

I don't believe the Steelers are even interested in Barnidge or any other TE on the market. I've seen nothing that would indicate any interest anyways. I'd love to see them at least visit with ILB Gerald Hodges (49'ers). As far as I know he visited with Seattle before the draft. Still available and doesn't have a whole lot of interest.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:16 pm 

smithessmokin wrote:
Scunge wrote:

This is where I am at as well since we didn't draft a safety. Same goes for TEs, we should have already brought in Gary Barnidge and Jacob Tamme.

Count me in as well. I fully expect a TE and a safety signed and added to the roster. If not May then post June cuts.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:25 pm 

Count me in for adding another safety and maybe an Lb that can play in coverage. I guess they didn't like Boston enough to offer him a deal.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:45 am 

Unless he is injured, I'm disgusted by the Steelers failing to pursue Barnidge. This close minded thinking really does hold us back at times. Green won't make it out of the preseason and then what? Have some damn insurance.