It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger - A Historical Perspective (part 2)
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 12:52 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
SP wrote:
It never fails that "Steelers fans" that dump on Ben are always trolls posing as Steelers fans. This alias is the longest Switz has hidden himself for. Pathetic.

I've had him on ignore for almost a year now-- didn't put him together with switz, though. Oh, well.

Same here. Seems to have similar reasoning, but better grammar skills. Night school? :?

In other news, Lit wins with the longest non-statistics-containing post of all tahm!

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 5:47 pm 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
franco32 wrote:
Let's not forget that Houston beat the shit out of Brady. If they had a decent QB, they likely win that game in New England. Romeo Crennel played NE in a way that maximized his chances of winning. NE looked vulnerable. Not enough teams do that because they are locked into conventional thinking.

I don't respect BB much at all because I hate people that cheat. What I do however admire is his ability to get his team hungry in a consistent way. Most teams after winning get lazy...they get complacent. They have letdown seasons the following year. BB's teams look like they never won a SB before and are starving for more.

The only other coaches I ever recall having that effect are Vincenzo Lombardi and Charles Noll.

I understand how it'll come across i.e. tinfoil hat and all BUT, when I watched that game and reflect on that game it's true, Houston almost pulled of a win. Can you imagine? That would of been epic. Asking why, why why and looking/wondering how that was even close I can't help but wonder about NE being a cheating conglomerate. It's not too far fetched that the coach for Houston that came thru NE, knows how they do it or had a sense of how they do it so who best not to tip their hand and or allow the Cheats to cheat. Awhile back reading through an article outlining how NE was a statistical anomaly at home, I just call bullshit. That shit is still going on there. There is way more that has happened there than the public even knows about. I continue to believe they are cheating fucks and how anyone can call Brady the GOAT is beyond me. Fuck that noise.

Houston almost beat NE because they have what you need in a defense to stop Brady: a fierce pass rush capable of putting him on his ass anytime he tried to pass.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:06 pm 

K is not Switz FWIW. This I know for a fact. The only thing they have in common is that they liked Deion Sanders.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:00 pm 

Obviously wrote:
I call bullshit on the cheating accusations because all it is to me is a convenient way to attribute the shortcomings of the Tomlins and Haleys of the world. The Steelers have been consistently beaten by the Patriots and it's cheating every rime? Then fucking shame on us if that's the case for not figuring it out. Stop playing the fucking victim.

This - Obviously! ;)

At this point, complaining that these guys are cheating is tantamount to complaining that Bill Clinton shouldn't be president for getting hummers in the oval office...

The cheating is old news, and the entire Patsy organization has proven to be "Bulletproof"...
Now they're laughing at those foolish enough to play the part of fools by attempting to re-indict them.

Their current competitive advantage is no secret, and it's not cheating.
...it just looks that way.

I was watching a news story about how the 2016 Chicago Cubs finally broke the curse, and there's a LOT to be learned...
Here's a related story:
http://www.ibtimes.com/theo-epstein-curse-killer-how-chicago-cubs-execs-moneyball-approach-sparked-nlcs-run-2150342

Riddle me this: Who did Theo Epstein work for prior to joining the Cubs?
You have to be blind to miss the connection - and no tin foil hats are required...

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 5:24 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Quote:
Brady is a top 5 QB of all-time, but because I don't know where his SB wins and stats would be without the cheating, I personally could never say he is GOAT.

Franco you nailed it with this.

I will not give Brady any credit until he wins a game while Ernie Adams is 3 time zones away tied up and gagged in a closet. I still think that he calls everything into Brady and that they keep the mike on past the cutoff time. No doubt in my mind. Flutie even said it.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 8:17 am 

Steeledge wrote:
Obviously wrote:
I call bullshit on the cheating accusations because all it is to me is a convenient way to attribute the shortcomings of the Tomlins and Haleys of the world. The Steelers have been consistently beaten by the Patriots and it's cheating every rime? Then fucking shame on us if that's the case for not figuring it out. Stop playing the fucking victim.

This - Obviously! ;)

At this point, complaining that these guys are cheating is tantamount to complaining that Bill Clinton shouldn't be president for getting hummers in the oval office...

The cheating is old news, and the entire Patsy organization has proven to be "Bulletproof"...
Now they're laughing at those foolish enough to play the part of fools by attempting to re-indict them.

Their current competitive advantage is no secret, and it's not cheating.
...it just looks that way.

You know this how?

I was watching a news story about how the 2016 Chicago Cubs finally broke the curse, and there's a LOT to be learned...
Here's a related story:
http://www.ibtimes.com/theo-epstein-curse-killer-how-chicago-cubs-execs-moneyball-approach-sparked-nlcs-run-2150342

Riddle me this: Who did Theo Epstein work for prior to joining the Cubs?
You have to be blind to miss the connection - and no tin foil hats are required...

Plenty of shortcomings on coach Tomlin and some players. I don't attribute all of our failures against NE to cheating. With that said you don't know they aren't cheating and I don't believe they're not in some way. Beating statistical odds on a regular basis is bullshit. That's how I see it. Bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 9:52 am 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Plenty of shortcomings on coach Tomlin and some players. I don't attribute all of our failures against NE to cheating. With that said you don't know they aren't cheating and I don't believe they're not in some way. Beating statistical odds on a regular basis is bullshit. That's how I see it. Bullshit.

...oh, for fuck's sake...

:roll: - to the bolded

Point is, beyond the shit they've already skated by on, their "cheating" is identical to the "cheating" done by the Cubs, RedSox, Google, and anybody that's been applying modern business intelligence tools and data science algorithms to gain a competitive advantage.

"Statistical odds" is what it's all about!
Acquiring the freely accessible data, crunching the numbers, and revealing behavior patterns and trends to expose weaknesses in the competition is precisely how these guys have been "cheating" all along!
It makes preparation and game time adjustments look like child's play, which also makes Bill Belicheat the envy of the entire sports world while those of us that recognize him for the mortal he is are left to spin in the wind! :evil:

In the process of exposing trends of their opponents, the Patsies have laid down their own weakness trends IF teams will pay just a little bit of attention and attack those trends.
...maybe even have a look at the data and work some of their own magic against them...you know, level the competition...

Other teams have clued in...Jints, Ratbirds, even Houston and a very young Atlanta team almost brought down Smaug...

But The Steelers?!
I don't need to rehash here the stubborn arrogance and willful ignorance that has become all the trend under Mikey T.
Suffice it to say, "We do what we do"

:roll: :cry:

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 3:42 pm 

Have some of you been lobotomized? You are now entering into revisionist history with the other groupthink clowns on social media. No one is saying that New England hasn't employed advanced processes to gain a competitive advantage. They have done much of that within the rules.

However, that does NOT mean they haven't engaged in behavior outside the rules. We have documented cases of spying on other's practices, stealing signals, jamming communications, etc. We have Brady with WRITTEN TEXTS bribing his equipment guys to keep balls deflated and him subsequently destroying his phone. This isn't some sort of myth we've created. There is cold hard evidence of the cheating that we have. God knows what we are not privy too.

So, if some of you want to get on your knees and worship at the altar of data analytics while ignoring the cheating that supplemented those analytics, then why don't you join Patsfan.com....because that is your level of credibility.

Oh, and by the way, I've been one of Tomlin's biggest critics for being a moron who makes "gut" decisions without proper preparation and analysis. Pointing out that New England has cheated is not and never should be a pass for Tomlin's various ineptitudes, pigheadedness, and failure to innovate.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:25 am 

Without steroids, Ben Johnson was a good but forgettable sprinter.

With steroids, he set a mark that wouldn't be matched for nearly 20 years.

Cheating makes a huge difference.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:32 am 

The eye test...

Ben vs Eli

Not in the same league. Ben > Eli and it's not close.

Eli made some GREAT clutch throws in big moments in their sb runs.

The Steelers late 70's offense > than any Steelers offense with Ben at the helm.

Our offense is overrated. It had/has a chance with Ben/AB/Bell/Bryant to rival our late 70's offense but... to this point it's a story of what could have been.

Hoping for better Juju

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next