It is currently Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Ben Roethlisberger - A Historical Perspective (part 2)
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:22 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Without steroids, Ben Johnson was a good but forgettable sprinter.

With steroids, he set a mark that wouldn't be matched for nearly 20 years.

Cheating makes a huge difference.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 5:39 pm 

franco32 wrote:
Have some of you been lobotomized? You are now entering into revisionist history with the other groupthink clowns on social media. No one is saying that New England hasn't employed advanced processes to gain a competitive advantage. They have done much of that within the rules.

However, that does NOT mean they haven't engaged in behavior outside the rules. We have documented cases of spying on other's practices, stealing signals, jamming communications, etc. We have Brady with WRITTEN TEXTS bribing his equipment guys to keep balls deflated and him subsequently destroying his phone. This isn't some sort of myth we've created. There is cold hard evidence of the cheating that we have. God knows what we are not privy too.

So, if some of you want to get on your knees and worship at the altar of data analytics while ignoring the cheating that supplemented those analytics, then why don't you join Patsfan.com....because that is your level of credibility.

Oh, and by the way, I've been one of Tomlin's biggest critics for being a moron who makes "gut" decisions without proper preparation and analysis. Pointing out that New England has cheated is not and never should be a pass for Tomlin's various ineptitudes, pigheadedness, and failure to innovate.

Bingo.

@ Steel Edge: FFS yourself.

Analytics? Yeah they may even be leading the pack especially with Rainman sitting in their box.

Cheating: they have done plenty of that and still could be. GOAT= never.

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 1:41 am 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
franco32 wrote:
Have some of you been lobotomized? You are now entering into revisionist history with the other groupthink clowns on social media. No one is saying that New England hasn't employed advanced processes to gain a competitive advantage. They have done much of that within the rules.

However, that does NOT mean they haven't engaged in behavior outside the rules. We have documented cases of spying on other's practices, stealing signals, jamming communications, etc. We have Brady with WRITTEN TEXTS bribing his equipment guys to keep balls deflated and him subsequently destroying his phone. This isn't some sort of myth we've created. There is cold hard evidence of the cheating that we have. God knows what we are not privy too.

So, if some of you want to get on your knees and worship at the altar of data analytics while ignoring the cheating that supplemented those analytics, then why don't you join Patsfan.com....because that is your level of credibility.

Agreed. Well said Franco.
Oh, and by the way, I've been one of Tomlin's biggest critics for being a moron who makes "gut" decisions without proper preparation and analysis. Pointing out that New England has cheated is not and never should be a pass for Tomlin's various ineptitudes, pigheadedness, and failure to innovate.

Bingo.

@ Steel Edge: FFS yourself.

Analytics? Yeah they may even be leading the pack especially with Rainman sitting in their box.

Cheating: they have done plenty of that and still could be. GOAT= never.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:57 am 

i think with Ben it's not his achievements relative to other players that i question (i have no qualms with ranking him top 10 of all time, though 5 might be a bit of a stretch) but whether we've actually seen him play up to his full potential over the course of an entire season. he's so clearly capable of 40+ tds, and i'm not quite convinced that it would take a shitty defensive effort + constant playing from behind to make it happen. the combination of a solid group of receivers and competent offensive playcalling might do the trick. Ben was on pace through the first half of last year without either.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:43 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
SP wrote:
It never fails that "Steelers fans" that dump on Ben are always trolls posing as Steelers fans. This alias is the longest Switz has hidden himself for. Pathetic.

I'm surprised.

Jerry Glanville's Pigskin Footbrawl for the Sega Genesis. Classic.

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 6:10 pm 

Steel Mike wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
SP wrote:
It never fails that "Steelers fans" that dump on Ben are always trolls posing as Steelers fans. This alias is the longest Switz has hidden himself for. Pathetic.

I'm surprised.

Jerry Glanville's Pigskin Footbrawl for the Sega Genesis. Classic.

LOVED that game.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9