It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Brian Allen
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:43 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Every time Allen intercepted a pass you notice how he catches the ball... Like A WR. Watching his tape out there you will notice Allen is a Hands catcher and Will Go Up After and High Point the Pass much like a WR would. I don't believe you'll be able to 'Stash Allen on the practice squad'. I think he'll be poached like Shabazz and Feeney were last season.

My note on him during the run up to the draft is that he catches the ball well away from his body.. he has a hard time catching it when it's inside his frame or at the in-between height. I noted it, because that's somewhat true for me, also.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:00 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Every time Allen intercepted a pass you notice how he catches the ball... Like A WR. Watching his tape out there you will notice Allen is a Hands catcher and Will Go Up After and High Point the Pass much like a WR would. I don't believe you'll be able to 'Stash Allen on the practice squad'. I think he'll be poached like Shabazz and Feeney were last season.

My note on him during the run up to the draft is that he catches the ball well away from his body.. he has a hard time catching it when it's inside his frame or at the in-between height. I noted it, because that's somewhat true for me, also.

He isn't perfect: age and go watch Cal game it is ugly but given time he played a new position and obvious athleticism he has the upside is mouthwatering. No guarantee but I couldn't have been happier when they got in 5th. Especially when I look at super stiff Douglas going in 3rd round.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:35 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Sounds like your catch radius is similar to Allen's.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

So you and Allen have the same catch radius? This is intriguing stuff, thank you.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:02 pm 

steelclan wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

He isn't perfect: age and go watch Cal game it is ugly but given time he played a new position and obvious athleticism he has the upside is mouthwatering. No guarantee but I couldn't have been happier when they got in 5th. Especially when I look at super stiff Douglas going in 3rd round.

Actually, Cal game he made some great plays, too (had a pick and a TFL)-- but as I said, Hansen worked the double moves on him for a couple of big ones. That game showcased the good and the bad, for sure.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:03 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Sounds like your catch radius is similar to Allen's.

Uh, no and HELL no. With my current knee situation, the B2B vert is about 12 inches.

How cute that you and Luca thought of the same joke. Did you guys PM to work that out?

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 1:17 pm 

No

Too funny

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:39 pm 

The Steelers drafted another 6'3" Cornerback in 1970. He was taken in the 3rd round at pick 53. He grew up in Vidalia, Georgia, and played at Southern University. Not sure what his arm length was but probably about 34". Oh yeah and this guy was good, Really fucking good, for a long time. If Allen becomes half the player Mel Blount was, it's a great pick.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:05 pm 

Signed. 4 year deal.

$2,630,188, including a $230,188 signing bonus.

Last edited by AirRescueFF on Tue May 09, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 5:58 pm 

excellent

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next