It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: James Conner
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:22 am 
I hope Bell doesnt get a C2 in Pittsburgh. I hope they franchise him next year as well and then let him walk. He hasnt been the most reliable on or off the field. I agree some of it cant be helped but it is what it is

He will most assuredly bring a 3rd rd comp. Ben will have 1 yr left on his current contract if he makes it that far.

Bell and Bens money off the books the Steelers will have alot of cash to throw at guys.

Brown is off 2 yrs later

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:39 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
I hope Bell doesnt get a C2 in Pittsburgh. I hope they franchise him next year as well and then let him walk. He hasnt been the most reliable on or off the field. I agree some of it cant be helped but it is what it is

He will most assuredly bring a 3rd rd comp. Ben will have 1 yr left on his current contract if he makes it that far.

Bell and Bens money off the books the Steelers will have alot of cash to throw at guys.

Brown is off 2 yrs later

Three things.

1. Bell only had one off field incident, yes? He does not post dumb things on twitter and is a hard worker.
2. It's ultimately Tomlin's fault that Bell sees the kind of work load he gets that likely aids injury late in season. Although the wildly inconsistent offense likely makes running Bell's wheels off necessary.
3. If the team wants a shot at drafting a real franchise, it will be a good idea to let AB and Bell both walk. Because those two alone with even a mediocre QB might very well keep us from drafting at the top.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:48 am 
Still Lit wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

Brown is off 2 yrs later

Three things.

1. Bell only had one off field incident, yes? He does not post dumb things on twitter and is a hard worker.
2. It's ultimately Tomlin's fault that Bell sees the kind of work load he gets that likely aids injury late in season. Although the wildly inconsistent offense likely makes running Bell's wheels off necessary.
3. If the team wants a shot at drafting a real franchise, it will be a good idea to let AB and Bell both walk. Because those two alone with even a mediocre QB might very well keep us from drafting at the top.

I pretty much agree. RBs are cheap to draft these days. I think Haleys offense absolutely requires a 3 headed monster at RB. Just the way it is. Id rather not pay a premium C2

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:49 am 

Ben fucks up his fair share. He's not perfect. He's not as good as Brady. That said I think he's better than most. We'll all be missing him quite a bit after he retires. And that offense you're bitching about will get considerably worse.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 10:53 am 

Obviously wrote:
Ben fucks up his fair share. He's not perfect. He's not as good as Brady. That said I think he's better than most. We'll all be missing him quite a bit after he retires. And that offense you're bitching about will get considerably worse.

Absolutely.

Unless the QB's name is Rodgers or Brady, I'll take Ben every day of the week (still and for now).

The howlers were not about Ben himself who is a top 3 QB: the howlers were about fans on this board so attached to Ben's nutsack that any criticism is deemed a priori incorrect and anathema.

You just gave the KC response:
Poster: Ben did something lousy, there.
KC: Oh, don't worry, you won't have to put up with Ben's shitty play much longer. Just wait.

Let's face it: whatever the team replaces Ben with is not going to be as good.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:05 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Absolutely.

Unless the QB's name is Rodgers or Brady, I'll take Ben every day of the week (still and for now).

The howlers were not about Ben himself who is a top 3 QB: the howlers were about fans on this board so attached to Ben's nutsack that any criticism is deemed a priori incorrect and anathema.

KC: Oh, don't worry, you won't have to put up with Ben's shitty play much longer. Just wait.

The "KC response" is not only accurate, it's used only for dumbfucks who do nothing but hammer Roethlisberger over and over.

That's why they're dumbfucks and why the "KC response" is so perfect and on the money.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 11:10 am 

KC wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Absolutely.

The "KC response" is not only accurate, it's used only for dumbfucks who do nothing but hammer Roethlisberger over and over.

That's why they're dumbfucks and why the "KC response" is so perfect and on the money.

Meh.

KC might as well stand for "Kill Conversation."

It's not that your response is wrong. It's that it's so obvious and banal that it's pointless even to point out. Of course the chances are super high that the Steelers are going to suck when BR retires. My three year old could infer that.

That does not mean that Ben does not have some deficiencies in his game or that having those deficiencies is incompatible with his being a top 3 QB.

It's not my fault you get the sads when someone points out a fault with Ben.

And lord knows I'm no football guru. My position is not indefeasible and I am willing to accept I am wrong.

You may now entertain me with with one of your delicious sobriquets.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:00 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Meh.

KC might as well stand for "Kill Conversation."

Coming from you, that's a compliment.

You're a blithering imbecile.

I state the obvious about Roethlisberger only to those who continually hammer him.

It bothers you and I LOVE THAT!

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:05 pm 

FWIW, Bell has had 2 off-the field incidents: 1. blunts with Blount while driving 2. missing mandated testing

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:10 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
FWIW, Bell has had 2 off-the field incidents: 1. blunts with Blount while driving 2. missing mandated testing

Yea and he's got a shredded knee and now a groin.

Don't get me wrong, I love the dude but sometimes you have to make a business decision and maybe it's in the best interest for the Steelers to eventually part ways with Bell in a couple years

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next