It is currently Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: Ju Ju
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:19 pm 

Hadn't read that. Pens vs Caps, end of school year and performance prep been taking up a lot of brain space recently. Makes considerable sense, really. Solves more than one possible problem with one pick if it works out right.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:51 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Pabst wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Really ? B2B posted a list showing it never happened

I don't recall seeing that, but it's happened with Donald Washington, Devin Gardner, Isaiah Pead, Vic So'oto, Keiwan Ratliff, and several others. Most of these guys are JAGs, which is why we quickly forget about them.

The parameters were: NFL free agents signed in FA period before draft. Basically every one of those guys signed during the Kevin Colbert era made the 53 except the very unique case of Adam Podlesh and his newborn's health problems.

Donald Washington signed May 9th (draft was end of April)
Devin Gardner signed May 19th (after draft)
Isaiah Pead actually signed directly to the 53 in November (p.s.: he lost part of his leg in an accident last year- awful)
So'oto signed a futures contract before the FA period (like Brandon Dixon this year) (he was not on a team's 53 nor practice squad at end of the previous season)
Keiwan Ratliff made the team that year and played in 8 games for the Steelers. Believe it or not.

I believe every FA signed during the NFL FA period and up to the draft has made the 53 since 2000, except for Adam Podlesh, who after the team held a spot for him for weeks, asked for and was given his release.

This year, those guys are: Tyson Alualu, Coty Sensabaugh, Justin Hunter, & Knile Davis. Probably could include Landry Jones and David Johnson on that list, too, since they signed as FA in that period.

You do have to admit though: the situation with Martavis is unique and something they've never dealt with before. It's difficult to project past decision making for a situation as unique as this. They're one missed drug test away from the guy's career being over.

Would love to see Hunter stick because I always loved his traits, but it screams Martavis insurance to me. Or maybe it's insurance for Coates' mangled fingers. We'll see. We've got a huge glut at WR as it stands as long as Bryant is around.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:36 pm 

Signed. 4 year deal.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:50 pm 

AirRescueFF wrote:
Signed. 4 year deal.

*cums

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:00 pm 

All rookies signed like four years deals it seems.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:37 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Ice wrote:
Is it possible that, not seeing what they liked left at TE after addressing the glaring need at OLB, decided to go for a WR that met some of their objective needs (good hands, toughness, rz production potential) at TE to play out of the slot at WR?

They have already said they plan to use JuJu similarly to how they might have used an Evan Engram type. This is how they used Hines Ward, at times, too.

Perhaps, after all these years on this & the previous site some of the immense football knowledge here is rubbing off on me as I posted similar thoughts on the last day of the draft.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19