It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ju Ju
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:56 pm 
Pabst wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Hunter..... was an offseason FA signing. They rarely if ever are cut.

This actually happens quite a bit

Really ? B2B posted a list showing it never happened

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 2:09 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Pabst wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:
Hunter..... was an offseason FA signing. They rarely if ever are cut.

This actually happens quite a bit

I don't recall seeing that, but it's happened with Donald Washington, Devin Gardner, Isaiah Pead, Vic So'oto, Keiwan Ratliff, and several others. Most of these guys are JAGs, which is why we quickly forget about them.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:07 pm 

Pabst wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

I don't recall seeing that, but it's happened with Donald Washington, Devin Gardner, Isaiah Pead, Vic So'oto, Keiwan Ratliff, and several others. Most of these guys are JAGs, which is why we quickly forget about them.

The parameters were: NFL free agents signed in FA period before draft. Basically every one of those guys signed during the Kevin Colbert era made the 53 except the very unique case of Adam Podlesh and his newborn's health problems.

Donald Washington signed May 9th (draft was end of April)
Devin Gardner signed May 19th (after draft)
Isaiah Pead actually signed directly to the 53 in November (p.s.: he lost part of his leg in an accident last year- awful)
So'oto signed a futures contract before the FA period (like Brandon Dixon this year) (he was not on a team's 53 nor practice squad at end of the previous season)
Keiwan Ratliff made the team that year and played in 8 games for the Steelers. Believe it or not.

I believe every FA signed during the NFL FA period and up to the draft has made the 53 since 2000, except for Adam Podlesh, who after the team held a spot for him for weeks, asked for and was given his release.

This year, those guys are: Tyson Alualu, Coty Sensabaugh, Justin Hunter, & Knile Davis. Probably could include Landry Jones and David Johnson on that list, too, since they signed as FA in that period.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:38 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
The parameters were: NFL free agents signed in FA period before draft.

Gotcha

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 3:54 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
I'd cut bait with Coates in favor of Eli or Ayers. Outside of him being able to blaze, he can't catch for shit. Almost Sweed bad.

I need to see Coates in camp (and in the preseason) before being ready to cut bait with a deep threat like him.

I mean, he looked GREAT in the Broncos playoff loss 2 years ago and started last season pretty damn well, before his hand got mangled.

Granted, after that, he couldn't catch for shit but he was very un-Sweed-like before his injury.

I wouldn't give up on him quite yet.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 4:00 pm 

KC wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
I'd cut bait with Coates in favor of Eli or Ayers. Outside of him being able to blaze, he can't catch for shit. Almost Sweed bad.

I need to see Coates in camp (and in the preseason) before being ready to cut bait with a deep threat like him.

I mean, he looked GREAT in the Broncos playoff loss 2 years ago and started last season pretty damn well, before his hand got mangled.

Granted, after that, he couldn't catch for shit but he was very un-Sweed-like before his injury.

LESS Sweed-like.

He made some awesome catches, but also had some drops, even before the hand injury.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:21 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
KC wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:

LESS Sweed-like.

He made some awesome catches, but also had some drops, even before the hand injury.

Sweed never, ever even had a game like Coates first (the Denver playoff game).

Never.

Ever.

....and Coates followed that up with a very nice start to this past season. He was among the league leaders in YPC before the hand injury.

Sweed was a fucking joke from day one......and he never had a mangled hand.

Just looking at Coates from last year, here's how he did in the first five games of the season, leading up to his hand injury:

Washington - 2 catches for 56 yards
Cincy - 2 catches for 97 fucking yards.
Philly - 3 catches for 50 yards.
KC - 6 catches for 79 yards.
Jets - 6 catches for 139 yards.

...then he got hurt and basically couldn't use his hand.

People are really thinking Coates could be cut this year? Really?

What the fuck.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:55 pm 

Is it possible that, not seeing what they liked left at TE after addressing the glaring need at OLB, decided to go for a WR that met some of their objective needs (good hands, toughness, rz production potential) at TE to play out of the slot at WR?

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 5:57 pm 
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Pabst wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

The parameters were: NFL free agents signed in FA period before draft. Basically every one of those guys signed during the Kevin Colbert era made the 53 except the very unique case of Adam Podlesh and his newborn's health problems.

Donald Washington signed May 9th (draft was end of April)
Devin Gardner signed May 19th (after draft)
Isaiah Pead actually signed directly to the 53 in November (p.s.: he lost part of his leg in an accident last year- awful)
So'oto signed a futures contract before the FA period (like Brandon Dixon this year) (he was not on a team's 53 nor practice squad at end of the previous season)
Keiwan Ratliff made the team that year and played in 8 games for the Steelers. Believe it or not.

I believe every FA signed during the NFL FA period and up to the draft has made the 53 since 2000, except for Adam Podlesh, who after the team held a spot for him for weeks, asked for and was given his release.

This year, those guys are: Tyson Alualu, Coty Sensabaugh, Justin Hunter, & Knile Davis. Probably could include Landry Jones and David Johnson on that list, too, since they signed as FA in that period.

Interesting to note about David Johnson as I had him being cut....lol...back to the roster board

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 6:11 pm 

Ice wrote:
Is it possible that, not seeing what they liked left at TE after addressing the glaring need at OLB, decided to go for a WR that met some of their objective needs (good hands, toughness, rz production potential) at TE to play out of the slot at WR?

They have already said they plan to use JuJu similarly to how they might have used an Evan Engram type. This is how they used Hines Ward, at times, too.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next