It is currently Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ju Ju
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:45 am 

steelclan wrote:
I see a few dooming Ayers to the Turk but I liked what I saw. If he progresses I'm betting he'll be a better slot than Rogers.

I think Ayers has a better shot at making the final roster than Eli. Ayers is little quicker and looked slightly stouter. Plus, Eli was reportedly in the Tomlin doghouse several times last year for various reasons (e.g. being late to meetings).

My prediction:

AB
Bryant
JuJu
Ayers
Coates (or possibly Hunter)
DHB (mostly for special teams)

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 8:50 am 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
steelclan wrote:
I see a few dooming Ayers to the Turk but I liked what I saw. If he progresses I'm betting he'll be a better slot than Rogers.

I think Ayers has a better shot at making the final roster than Eli. Ayers is little quicker and looked slightly stouter. Plus, Eli was reportedly in the Tomlin doghouse several times last year for various reasons (e.g. being late to meetings).

My prediction:

AB
Bryant
JuJu
Ayers
Coates (or possibly Hunter)
DHB (mostly for special teams)

While I agree with your premise that it likely comes down to Ayers vs. Eli and Coates vs. Hunter, I think Rogers has a decided advantage in his contest.

I love what Ayers brings to the table, but he is going to have to have a mind blowing camp AND be really special in the preseason contests to knock Eli Rogers off the roster. Rogers was simply too good last year (doghouse or not, he made several plays).

Coates vs. Hunter should be very, very interesting to watch, also. Coates has far less of an advantage vs. Hunter and I hope his hand is healed up. He has the dropsies this summer and Coates' ass will be off the roster.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:33 am 

I'd cut bait with Coates in favor of Eli or Ayers. Outside of him being able to blaze, he can't catch for shit. Almost Sweed bad.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:05 am 

KC wrote:
While I agree with your premise that it likely comes down to Ayers vs. Eli and Coates vs. Hunter, I think Rogers has a decided advantage in his contest.

I love what Ayers brings to the table, but he is going to have to have a mind blowing camp AND be really special in the preseason contests to knock Eli Rogers off the roster. Rogers was simply too good last year (doghouse or not, he made several plays).

Coates vs. Hunter should be very, very interesting to watch, also. Coates has far less of an advantage vs. Hunter and I hope his hand is healed up. He has the dropsies this summer and Coates' ass will be off the roster.

Is Ayers eligible for the practice squad? If so, that could also be a factor favoring Rogers.

Rogers made some clutch plays last year (foremost among them in the final drive in the Christmas Ravens game), but he was a non-factor in too many games for me to be particularly enthusiatic about him. He's nice to have around as a 4 or a 5, but I think he's subpar as a 3. He is just not physical enough. He doesn't fight for contested passes very well, and he hears footsteps too often (plus he had a killer fumble in the AFCC game). Given JuJu's skill set, I think JuJu was drafted to replace Rogers as slot more so than Bryant (or Coates) on the outside. As between Ayers and Rogers, I think that Ayers has the higher ceiling talent wise.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:03 am 

W&M_Steeler wrote:
KC wrote:

Is Ayers eligible for the practice squad? If so, that could also be a factor favoring Rogers.

Rogers made some clutch plays last year (foremost among them in the final drive in the Christmas Ravens game), but he was a non-factor in too many games for me to be particularly enthusiatic about him. He's nice to have around as a 4 or a 5, but I think he's subpar as a 3. He is just not physical enough. He doesn't fight for contested passes very well, and he hears footsteps too often (plus he had a killer fumble in the AFCC game). Given JuJu's skill set, I think JuJu was drafted to replace Rogers as slot more so than Bryant (or Coates) on the outside. As between Ayers and Rogers, I think that Ayers has the higher ceiling talent wise.

I agree with you- Rogers is an ok player and all but he just disappeared too much for the playing time he got

I'm on record as a HUUUUGE Ayers fan so whatever shakes out I'm really hoping he makes it

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:27 am 

Hunter..... was an offseason FA signing. They rarely if ever are cut. Would need a horrible camp.
AB Bryant JuJu ....locks
DHB .....core STer they love in the lockerroom....

After that you got

Ayers
Rogers
Coates

All vying for the rare 6th WR on the Steelers. If in fact they do carry 6 WR at the expens of 4 RB 4 TE 11 DB or 11 LB

I think Ayers is still PS eligible ????

I think its Rogers vs Coates vs ST coach for the last roster spot with Ayers going to the PS

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:34 am 

I'm basically afraid to jump fully on the Ayers train because I have a feeling we're all gonna fall in love with the kid and end up heartbroken.

After Ayers played so well late in the year, fuckheads Tomlin and Haley had him inactive vs. the Pats. Despite us having a banged up, short-handed WR corps, these motherfuckers deemed Ayers unnecessary in the biggest game of the year.....despite how well he played.

Be careful penciling Ayers in for ANY role.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 12:42 pm 

KC wrote:
I'm basically afraid to jump fully on the Ayers train because I have a feeling we're all gonna fall in love with the kid and end up heartbroken.

After Ayers played so well late in the year, fuckheads Tomlin and Haley had him inactive vs. the Pats. Despite us having a banged up, short-handed WR corps, these motherfuckers deemed Ayers unnecessary in the biggest game of the year.....despite how well he played.

Because Tomlin

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:05 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
KC wrote:

Because Tomlin

Whether it was Tomlin or Haley, deactivating Ayers was dumb as fuck.

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:10 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Hunter..... was an offseason FA signing. They rarely if ever are cut.

This actually happens quite a bit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 186 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next