It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:00 am
Posts: 1192
Location: Hawaii
http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/12/pittsburg ... n-airport/

I know...TMZ.

But :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 11331
Just being prepared in case he got bumped from his flight....

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16332
oh boy

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 8900
Haha booyah! Where is Ron to tell us a man named Senquez is predisposed to get caught up in a mess like this.

Anywho, Is this dude even going to make the team?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4169
Kodiak wrote:
Just being prepared in case he got bumped from his flight....


Now that was pretty funny. I was going to make a joke and say guys that size need to carry guns but like yours better...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 803
Quote:
Golson was NOT arrested. Instead, cops offered to hold the gun for him until he returned from his travels ... at which time he could pick it up.


So... non story?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6765
Laying the Wood wrote:
Quote:
Golson was NOT arrested. Instead, cops offered to hold the gun for him until he returned from his travels ... at which time he could pick it up.


So... non story?


No, it's a story. Right after that, he separated his shoulder in the airport bathroom taking a piss.

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4169
Read the article. Pretty sure that is a .40 cal Glock 22.

Standard mag capacity for that gun is 15 rounds but they have a 22 round extended magazine available. Thinking that's what he was rolling with.

Plus those rounds don't look quite beefy enough for .45 but that's a bit hard to tell from the picture.

Splitting hairs I know.

Lastly, are these guys just too stupid to realize they can't bring their firearm on the plane like that or too stupid to remember to take it out of their bag? Either way just dumb.

Good thing it didn't land him in any trouble. In another location the outcome might have been different.


Last edited by 955876 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6765
955876 wrote:
Pretty sure that is a .40 cal Glock 22.

Standard mag capacity for that gun is 15 rounds but they have a 22 round extended magazine available. Pretty sure that's what he was rolling with.

Plus those rounds don't look quite beefy enough for .45 but that's a bit hard to tell from the picture.

Splitting hairs I know.

Lastly, are these guys just too stupid to realize they can't bring their firearm on the plane like that or too stupid to remember to take it out of their bag? Either way just dumb.


Weren't we discussing how to make the team smarter earlier today?

Looks like this guy is a total dumbass. Quick, need his GPA and Wonderlic to see if this guy should have been drafted....coupled w his odd first name

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6894
So...not only is he small and always injured, he's a Glocktard to boot!?! :shock:
Cut his ass now! :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:28 pm
Posts: 4260
Dumbfuck.

_________________
Because Tomlin.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4169
Jobus Rum wrote:
So...not only is he small and always injured, he's a Glocktard to boot!?! :shock:
Cut his ass now! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Glocks are kinda the AK-47 of the pistol world. Not the prettiest of firearms but extremely reliable and require very little maintenance to keep them running.

I know some purist don't like Glocks because of the polymer frame and/or blocky look. Plus the grip & grip size just doesn't feel right to some. My Sigs fit much better in hand than my Glocks that's for sure. Sig doesn't have a decent carry option though that's "on roster" in CA so the Glocks win out in that regard.

Is there some reason in particular you don't like them or were you just being funny? Just curious.


Last edited by 955876 on Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6765
TSA agent scanning bag - "uhh, I got a gun over here"

Senquez, looking dumbfounded as TSA agent asks him to step out of line

"Sir, do you realize you have a gun in your carry on?"

"Ain't no gun bitches, dats a Glock."

"Uhhh yeah. You're gonna need to come with us."

"Don't you fools know who I is? I'm a Pittsburgh Steeler!"

"Never saw you before sir. Please. Step out of line."

"Dis shit is whacked. You are gonna hear from my lawyers. I know my rights."

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13537
Quote:
Golson, 23, was in the security line at Mobile Regional Airport on Wednesday afternoon when TSA agents found a Glock .45 caliber pistol and 23 rounds of ammunition. http://triblive.com/sports/-topstories/ ... ma-airport


Life just not going this guys way. What else can possibly hinder him from seeing the field? Seriously fucked up! Disappointment! Why do these professional athletes feel they have to carry guns?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6894
955876 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
So...not only is he small and always injured, he's a Glocktard to boot!?! :shock:
Cut his ass now! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Glocks are kinda the AK-47 of the pistol world. Not the prettiest of firearms but extremely reliable and require very little maintenance to keep them running.

I know some purist don't like Glocks because of the polymer frame and/or blocky look. Plus the grip & grip size just doesn't feel right to some. My Sigs fit much better in hand than my Glocks that's for sure. Sig doesn't have a decent carry option though that's "on roster" in CA so the Glocks win out in that regard.

Is there some reason in particular you don't like them or were you just being funny? Just curious.

Naa, just making a (gun guy) joke. I own two Glocks, 17 and 42. I had a 21, but my future son in law fell in love with it and convinced me to "sell" it to him...
I'm a bit different than most, the first time I picked up a Glock, I just liked the grip and feel, felt real good. Not 1911 good, but very comfortable in my hand.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:51 pm
Posts: 1221
Seems there are more and more whackjobs running around our streets every day so I don't have a problem with anyone feeling they need to protect themselves, especially people in the public eye. But to bring a gun to the airport is just stupid. They'll frisk you for a freaking nail file and you bring a gun?? I don't like how athletes always get stereotyped as dumb but things like this are what fuels that fire. Since he didn't get arrested and there's no law against having a gun, hopefully this turns into a non-story.

_________________
Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16332
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
Golson, 23, was in the security line at Mobile Regional Airport on Wednesday afternoon when TSA agents found a Glock .45 caliber pistol and 23 rounds of ammunition. http://triblive.com/sports/-topstories/ ... ma-airport


Life just not going this guys way. What else can possibly hinder him from seeing the field? Seriously fucked up! Disappointment! Why do these professional athletes feel they have to carry guns?

Because professional athletes are inordinate targets of crime? And even cooperating might not save your life or the life of your loved ones.

I'm not in favor of it but I understand.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4169
Jobus Rum wrote:
955876 wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
So...not only is he small and always injured, he's a Glocktard to boot!?! :shock:
Cut his ass now! :lol: :lol: :lol:


Glocks are kinda the AK-47 of the pistol world. Not the prettiest of firearms but extremely reliable and require very little maintenance to keep them running.

I know some purist don't like Glocks because of the polymer frame and/or blocky look. Plus the grip & grip size just doesn't feel right to some. My Sigs fit much better in hand than my Glocks that's for sure. Sig doesn't have a decent carry option though that's "on roster" in CA so the Glocks win out in that regard.

Is there some reason in particular you don't like them or were you just being funny? Just curious.

Naa, just making a (gun guy) joke. I own two Glocks, 17 and 42. I had a 21, but my future son in law fell in love with it and convinced me to "sell" it to him...
I'm a bit different than most, the first time I picked up a Glock, I just liked the grip and feel, felt real good. Not 1911 good, but very comfortable in my hand.


Thanks. I was just wondering. Some people have real strong opinions one way or the other in regards to Glocks. If you were a true hater I was just curious as to why.

I have the 21, 26, & 36. The grip on the 21 & 36 is fine but the 26 feels like a brick in my hand. It however is the most accurate of the three. Can put 3 full mags into 4-5 holes with that thing.

Used to have the 17 long time ago but traded it to my dad for a Sig.

I'm looking for a 1911 right now but living in CA you have to go used because they are no longer on CA's fucked up "roster". So finding what you want is very hit or miss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5500
BarryFoster wrote:
TSA agent scanning bag - "uhh, I got a gun over here"

Senquez, looking dumbfounded as TSA agent asks him to step out of line

"Sir, do you realize you have a gun in your carry on?"

"Ain't no gun bitches, dats a Glock."

"Uhhh yeah. You're gonna need to come with us."

"Don't you fools know who I is? I'm a Pittsburgh Steeler!"

"Never saw you before sir. Please. Step out of line."

"Dis shit is whacked. You are gonna hear from my lawyers. I know my rights."


was there audio or are you just assuming he can't speak good English because he's black?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:19 am
Posts: 266
R S wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
TSA agent scanning bag - "uhh, I got a gun over here"

Senquez, looking dumbfounded as TSA agent asks him to step out of line

"Sir, do you realize you have a gun in your carry on?"

"Ain't no gun bitches, dats a Glock."

"Uhhh yeah. You're gonna need to come with us."

"Don't you fools know who I is? I'm a Pittsburgh Steeler!"

"Never saw you before sir. Please. Step out of line."

"Dis shit is whacked. You are gonna hear from my lawyers. I know my rights."


was there audio or are you just assuming he can't speak good English because he's black?


Hehe I was just about to ask the very same thing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:26 pm
Posts: 4064
What happened to common sense? I know the guy has gone through an airport before.

_________________
"Antonio Brown doesn't need to respond to anything," Tomlin said. "He walks into stadiums and he's Antonio Brown and he made Antonio Brown plays."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13537
I'm all for owning personal firearms. I believe a good gun is like a condom. It's better to have one and not need it than to not have one and need it. That said, I think there's a bit of a difference between want and need.

I want a gun for self defense. I want a gun to practice self defense. I want a gun to hunt with. I want a gun because I collect many different types that fascinate me... etc, etc, etc....

I need a gun because I make bank and I can. I need a gun because I choose to associate myself with the less than reputable demographic in today's society. I need a gun cause where I choose to place myself in that environment among those less than reputable individuals there's a good chance it could be dangerous enough to need a gun.
Police officers fit the need aspect. Military personnel fit the need aspect. A Pro Athlete?! A Smart Pro Athlete? No! A Dumb Simple Minded Pro Athlete?! Yeah!

Especially in an Airport! Come On Man....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4169
R S wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
TSA agent scanning bag - "uhh, I got a gun over here"

Senquez, looking dumbfounded as TSA agent asks him to step out of line

"Sir, do you realize you have a gun in your carry on?"

"Ain't no gun bitches, dats a Glock."

"Uhhh yeah. You're gonna need to come with us."

"Don't you fools know who I is? I'm a Pittsburgh Steeler!"

"Never saw you before sir. Please. Step out of line."

"Dis shit is whacked. You are gonna hear from my lawyers. I know my rights."


was there audio or are you just assuming he can't speak good English because he's black?


I'll give him the benefit of doubt and say he assumed that because Golson is just stupid. Apparent by the stupidity of his actions.

And if there is one thing that doesn't discriminate in this world it's stupid. Something no race or ethnic background is immune from.

But I can't speak for the OP in regards to the comment. And it did come off as you assumed.

Let's just hope that Golson doesn't have as hard a time grasping the playbook as he does the very intricate procedures of boarding a plane. That and he should look to getting some firearms training.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:53 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6765
If Golson was white, I would have used a similar stupid speaking ability w a white trash angle.

Please don't try and make something out of nothing.

My post was made based on stupidity, not race.

Plenty of dumb white players out there as well.

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Golson- Gun Seized at TSA Checkpoint, No Arrest
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:09 am
Posts: 344
They wouldn't let me carry nail clippers on a flight. I think the TSA thought I might attempt to trim my toenails during the flight.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Almighty Slacker, Nick79 and 28 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group