It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3 that im good with and 3 that make me bust my tv
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:05 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I think he's a great player, drama. If he's 10 lighter than Shazier, though, it just makes me wonder.

Also, this is not about what we was/did in college-- there's no debating that he was great. It's about what he will do and can do in the NFL.

And what exactly is it that you've seen that he did in college that he won't be able to do in the pros??? Pretty blanket statement you're making there that can be applied to the majority of prospects in this or any draft.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:22 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
I think he's a great player, drama. If he's 10 lighter than Shazier, though, it just makes me wonder.

Also, this is not about what we was/did in college-- there's no debating that he was great. It's about what he will do and can do in the NFL.

And what exactly is it that you've seen that he did in college that he won't be able to do in the pros??? Pretty blanket statement you're making there that can be applied to the majority of prospects in this or any draft.

I think Foster is a stud. His tape is excellent. I've scrubbed it several times while watching Todd McShay and Mel do battle on ESPN.

Speaking of which, my favorite analyst/draft expert/personnel guru is Charlie Casserly.

His intellect and scouting ability reminds me of a young STD.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:25 pm 

Ice wrote:
I have to agree with b2b here. We already have a Ryan Shazier. Foster is/was a helluva player, though.

What? did he die or something? What does Reuben Foster have to do with Ryan Shazier? He would play next to him not replace him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:27 pm 

I only mean that it's the standard I believe we should use to measure guys. I think Foster could be a great add, considering Williams's limitations and the state of what the NFL is doing on offense... maybe its better to have a Foster/Shazier or Reddick/Shazier combo would be better than the old style thumper+runner.

I reasonably fear Alabama defensive players being topped out, WYSIWYG guys. Without ANY red flags off the field, Foster is probably more likely to be a solid pro, with a high, high floor. Taking into account his behavior issues? I think there's justifiable concern/risk. Would I take him at 30? Depends who's on the board but I would neither rule it out nor run to podium.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:34 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I only mean that it's the standard I believe we should use to measure guys. I think Foster could be a great add, considering Williams's limitations and the state of what the NFL is doing on offense... maybe its better to have a Foster/Shazier or Reddick/Shazier combo would be better than the old style thumper+runner.

I reasonably fear Alabama defensive players being topped out, WYSIWYG guys. Without ANY red flags off the field, Foster is probably more likely to be a solid pro, with a high, high floor. Taking into account his behavior issues? I think there's justifiable concern/risk. Would I take him at 30? Depends who's on the board but I would neither rule it out nor run to podium.

You said it yourself (ok you quoted Lance Zierlein) it's a projection based on when they did in college. What if Chuck Noll and the Steelers didn't draft Jack Lambert because of his "limitations?" Noll and co. had to decide if Lambert could do what he showed in college in the Pros. I'd say they got that one right. I'm no Noll (Lance Zierlein's a d-bag) but I'm quite comfortable projecting Foster's seek and destroy style to the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:39 pm 
I think Jarrad Davis will be a steadier player that youll find easier to give a C2 to

Up and down weight issues say steroids to me.

The Steelers have put themselves in a rough spot.

They need dynamic elite playmakers.....they also need steady team 1st leaders who can get it done on the field.....largely theyve previously been able to take some shots on elite dynamic playmakers because theyve had a strong steady core.....im not sure thats as true as it was...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:41 pm 

I was also going on the strategy that you have one slighter guy and one thicker guy, your traditional 34 Mack/Buck setup, at least as it's been run in Pittsburgh since Cowher, basically.

That said, the only thing I think someone like a Jarrad Davis has over Foster is that I've seen a lot more of Davis fighting through blocks, using his hands, etc. If Shazier is going to be on one side (and he's gotten better in that area, but even as a big Shazier fan, I wouldn't say it's a strength), I'd like somebody with a proven ability to fight through blocks on the other.

Edit: I won't be at all surprised if Davis and Foster are gone by 30.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:46 pm 

1sts: Rolando Mclain, Kareem Jackson, Marcel Dareus, Mark Barron, Dre Kirkpatrick, Dont'a Hightower, C.J. Mosely, Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
2nds: Javier Arenas, Terrence Cody, Courtney Upshaw, Dee Milliner, Landon Collins, Reggie Ragland, A'Shawn Robinson, Jarran Reed, Cyrus Jones

Only Dareus (2x) and Mosley (1x) have made pro bowl. No All-Pros. Maybe Landon Collins gets there in a year or two. Many solid, few stars.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:02 pm 

All of that talent makes it far easier to scheme to a player's strengths, as well, making the evaluation that much tougher.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:29 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
They need dynamic elite playmakers.....they also need steady team 1st leaders who can get it done on the field.....largely they've previously been able to take some shots on elite dynamic playmakers because they've had a strong steady core.....im not sure thats as true as it was...

^^^...this...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next