It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Steelers 1st Round Pick Is Almost Certainly On This List
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 806
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Almost zero chance. Just about everyone I listed would have to be gone. No tombert at pro day = almost no chance. Once in 10 years and it wasn't a very good pick.

I know Ziggy Hood was they one they didn't attend, but I'm pretty sure they weren't at Stanford's pro day when they took DeCastro? I could be wrong there.

Also, to nitpick your initial list - you may want to include Cordrea Tankersley

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers 1st Round Pick Is Almost Certainly On This List
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 12445
OhioSteeler wrote:
I'm color blind and can't see any of it :lol:

whoa sorry

just focus on the guys in black!

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers 1st Round Pick Is Almost Certainly On This List
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 12445
Pabst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Almost zero chance. Just about everyone I listed would have to be gone. No tombert at pro day = almost no chance. Once in 10 years and it wasn't a very good pick.

I know Ziggy Hood was they one they didn't attend, but I'm pretty sure they weren't at Stanford's pro day when they took DeCastro? I could be wrong there.

Also, to nitpick your initial list - you may want to include Cordrea Tankersley

Colbert and Kugler went to Stanford pro day for Decastro.

Tankersley isn't in Brandt's top 100-- next to no chance he's a 1st round pick.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers 1st Round Pick Is Almost Certainly On This List
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 806
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Colbert and Kugler went to Stanford pro day for Decastro.

Tankersley isn't in Brandt's top 100-- next to no chance he's a 1st round pick.


Good to know.

And I said "may want to include" 8-)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers 1st Round Pick Is Almost Certainly On This List
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:02 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 2399
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Watt sure is looking like he checks their boxes:

Fits all the parameters they seem to use for height, weight, arm length, 40, 10yd, SS, 3cone, VJ, BJ, reps.
Tombert went to pro day.
Tombert went to dinner with him.
He isn't underaged, but he is in the young side of prospects.
He is a prospect with upside, based on limited experience at the position.
He offers the potential of better coverage than some edge, because of his agility and length.
Power 5 conference, productive player, good program.


That's who I think they're taking. Like you said, he checks all the boxes. Either him or Peppers if I was betting on it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers 1st Round Pick Is Almost Certainly On This List
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:36 pm
Posts: 602
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Watt sure is looking like he checks their boxes:

Fits all the parameters they seem to use for height, weight, arm length, 40, 10yd, SS, 3cone, VJ, BJ, reps.
Tombert went to pro day.
Tombert went to dinner with him.
He isn't underaged, but he is in the young side of prospects.
He is a prospect with upside, based on limited experience at the position.
He offers the potential of better coverage than some edge, because of his agility and length.
Power 5 conference, productive player, good program.


TV out the window for me.....Mike Mamula II

_________________
The problem is that you don't even know what virtue means, but you think you do.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers 1st Round Pick Is Almost Certainly On This List
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:10 pm
Posts: 665
I don't know if you consider Chris Wormley who the steelers visited with to be a 1st round pick but he turns 24 in October.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers 1st Round Pick Is Almost Certainly On This List
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 439
TB wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
Watt sure is looking like he checks their boxes:

Fits all the parameters they seem to use for height, weight, arm length, 40, 10yd, SS, 3cone, VJ, BJ, reps.
Tombert went to pro day.
Tombert went to dinner with him.
He isn't underaged, but he is in the young side of prospects.
He is a prospect with upside, based on limited experience at the position.
He offers the potential of better coverage than some edge, because of his agility and length.
Power 5 conference, productive player, good program.


That's who I think they're taking. Like you said, he checks all the boxes. Either him or Peppers if I was betting on it.


My college ball knowledge is limited, but he's my bet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers 1st Round Pick Is Almost Certainly On This List
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 12445
SteelDrama wrote:
I don't know if you consider Chris Wormley who the steelers visited with to be a 1st round pick but he turns 24 in October.

I think Wormley is close-- but probably a 2nd rounder. Both Wormley and Maye would be higher up my list except for age. Both big conference producers flying below radar. Maye would be excellent as a 2nd or 3rd. Wormley is kinda redundant, but I like the player.

_________________
Whatever it takes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Steelers 1st Round Pick Is Almost Certainly On This List
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:11 pm
Posts: 27
LB Reuben Foster back in play?

Should drop with failed drug test from combine.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SteelThrillsseeker, TB, Whiterat29 and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group