It is currently Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: OT: Hernandez hung himself
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:26 pm 

Is he still dead? I'm getting conflicting reports.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:33 pm 

#FREEHERNANDEZ

What a colossal dumbfuck pouncey is, but if he's learned from it, good on him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:01 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
Any word from Pouncey yet?

I thought he was still in the tub and hadn't heard the news :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:18 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
StillerInCT wrote:
Any word from Pouncey yet?

I thought he was still in the tub and hadn't heard the news :lol:

His bro had some comments. I don't know if he was in the tub at the time of the comments..... :lol: He is also a tubmonster

Quote:
Mike Pouncey remembers his friend, Aaron Hernandez

Posted by Darin Gantt on April 19, 2017, 10:26 AM EDT

Aaron Hernandez was a convicted murderer, and not a sympathetic figure. But he still left friends and family behind after his prison suicide, and they’re mourning in their own ways at the moment.

One of the first to publicly acknowledge Hernandez’s death was Dolphins center Mike Pouncey, who posted an Instagram message showing a smiling Hernandez in his Patriots uniform.

“To my friend my brother!,” Pouncey wrote. “Through thick and thin right or wrong we never left each other’s side. Today my heart hurts as I got the worse news I could have imagined. It was just a day ago we shared our last convo. I will forever miss you and love you bro. we will meet again rest easy.

While a compassionate note from someone who knew Hernandez in college, it’s also likely to be one of the few supportive messages we’ll see today, as most people will try to avoid anything resembling support for a man who was spending life in prison without parole for taking the life of Odin Lloyd.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:21 pm 

Meanwhile the other NE tight end is in the White House Press Room pranking Sean Spicer.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:59 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
Could care less about that piece of shit! If he killed himself, good - he saved tax payers money. If he was murdered? - live by the sword, die by the sword!

With that said, I have a deep sympathy for his little girl. She is going to have to grow up hearing all of the ills of her father for the rest of her life. Because of that, I have a bad feeling that the quality of her life is already lost, and that is a shame to say about a little girl who has her whole life in front of her. These assholes have no idea how they are destroying other's lives, particularly people they are supposed to love. Truly a shame!

If it makes you feel any better, it's being suggested that he killed himself after his acquittal, but while his appeal was still pending, so that the charges against him would be dropped and his family would be entitled to his signing bonuses and NFL pension:

http://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2017/0 ... r-suicide/

Reminds me of Frank Pentangeli from The Godfather II.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:52 pm 

story from WEEI caller last week that he killed the other guy because he got caught being a tight end off the field.

http://www.metro.us/sports/boston/aaron ... ge-say-yes

Quote:
Boston journalist Michele McPhee was a guest on WEEI’s “Kirk and Callahan” show Monday to discuss her book about the 2013 Boston Marathon bombings titled, “Maximum Harm.”

Prior to discussing the bombings, however, McPhee and WEEI hosts Kirk Minihane and Gerry Callahan discussed a rumor involving former Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez.

Hernandez is currently serving a life sentence for his role in the murder of Odin Lloyd, but he was acquitted last Friday for his alleged role in the killings of Daniel de Abreu and Safiro Furtado in 2012.

Callahan: “This rumor, this Aaron Hernandez rumor – which is so juicy, I want to get into it. It is, big.”

Minihane: “It’s certainly something we can play with as the days go on. I’m not sure how comfortable Michele is in talking about it.”

McPhee: “I mean, hey. Let’s tease away.”

Callahan: “Michele knows the real motive for the murder of Odin Lloyd. And let’s just say that Odin Lloyd caught Aaron Hernandez in a compromising position.”

McPhee: “You could say that Aaron Hernandez was a former tight end before he was kicked off the Patriots.” (Laughs)

Minihane: “Tight end on and off the field as well?”

Callahan: “And then he became a wide receiver.” (Laughs)

Minihane: “So you think he’s comfortable in the prison lifestyle? He’s probably doing well for himself romantically, perhaps?”

McPhee: “Let’s just say that Aaron Hernandez is known to kick with both feet.”

Callahan: “And Odin Lloyd knew it. And Odin Lloyd …”

McPhee: “He made the unfortunate move to say that out loud to somebody.”

There is a facebook page titled “Gay Men for Aaron Hernandez” and the posted the following this past December:

Welcome to all the new supporters of the Gay Men for Aaron Hernandez page. The outpouring of love from Aaron's gay supporters is inspiring.

Please send Aaron a Christmas card and let him know we all support him in his struggle to accept his gay sexuality. AARON WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU: - Aaron Hernandez # W106228 Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center P.O. Box 8000 Shirley, MA 01464

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:35 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
steel wrote:
I heard that the lawyer is claiming that it could be murder, not suicide

Aaron just won a huge victory in court last week, and was planning to get married.

There were no signs he was suicidal.

This story won't "die" here.
It does smell kinda fishy.

Well, here's one plausible explanation: https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/04/19/hernandezdismiss/BvCcJQ1Ubg3mJAze0ttpvJ/story.html

Basically, since Hernandez killed himself, his conviction is voided in the eyes of the state. Legal minds around here can correct me if I'm wrong, but now his murder conviction can't be used in any civil case brought by Odin Lloyd's family, and the state can't seize any of his property.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:26 pm 

Pabst wrote:
...but now his murder conviction can't be used in any civil case brought by Odin Lloyd's family, and the state can't seize any of his property.

I don't know, but that seems very wrong to me. Civil has always been a lower burden of proof. I can't imagine being arrested and convicted of murder would be excluded because he died before appeal (especially when he took his own life).

I think it might be the case that the conviction can't be used to issue summary judgement, so any lawsuit would still have to go to trial.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:58 pm 

Same day as the team's White House appearance, at which fully half the team took a pass.

In the words of Hesske.....Harmonic Convergence.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next