It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown is a bum?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:18 am 

All this talk of the private sector being more efficient is hot garbage. A fucking lie. I have personal experience of the private the sector wasting colossal amounts of time and money chasing invented rabbits down holes. People complain that government is wasteful, yet I would argue that over half of private sector jobs are skating through work and life. I've seen it with my own eyes : Incompetent dumbasses remain while the people doing all the work get shafted. Inefficiency and waste litter the private sector, yet it's framed like it's better than government. Not only that, but why the fuck are they compared to begin with? Government is not business, and can't be. All failures boil down to human nature, and that exists everywhere, not the system.

Having said that, why the fuck should tax payer money be used so government workers get free transportation in DC? Why does the speaker of the house get an office and staff paid for by my tax dollars for FIVE FUCKING YEARS after they leave public service?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:00 pm 

We all can only speak from experience, and since I've worked in both govt and private, my experience has been that govt waste far exceeds any private positions I've held.

I could write a book about the nutty govt sector.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:05 pm 
Still Lit wrote:
Nick is a civil servant. So what. I hope he is a good one.

My guess is that the majority of you who are hating on Nick are spending your working life doing something utterly trivial.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:08 pm 

no one said anything about efficiency

no you havent

profitablity is not the same as effeciency. Ill just stop there because I know comprehension is not at a surplus around here

conversation seems to be taboo bound. Quick, someone start posting attributes about some kid tbeyve never seen play in a conference they never watch. Speculate as to what random order said player will be taken in draft, setting into motion continued ordered speculation about similar players you dont know jack shit about.......

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:49 pm 

Quote:
All this talk of the private sector being more efficient is hot garbage. A fucking lie. I have personal experience of the private the sector wasting colossal amounts of time and money chasing invented rabbits down holes. People complain that government is wasteful, yet I would argue that over half of private sector jobs are skating through work and life. I've seen it with my own eyes : Incompetent dumbasses remain while the people doing all the work get shafted. Inefficiency and waste litter the private sector, yet it's framed like it's better than government. Not only that, but why the fuck are they compared to begin with? Government is not business, and can't be. All failures boil down to human nature, and that exists everywhere, not the system.

People complain the government is wasteful because it is. Very much so. And while that doesn't mean there isn't also waste and inneficiciency in the private sector, it in no way approaches the waste and abuse of public funds we get from the government. Excessive waste in the private sector puts companies out of business. Not so with government. Further, if a private sector company is wasteful it is unlikely it is doing so with MY or YOUR dollars. Also not true with the government.

Economics is clearly not your strong suit. You are either (A) Hugo Chavez, (b) very misinformed, or (c) both.

There are pros/cons of both sides of the economic spectrum but your constant anti-capitalism rants that you frequently inject into threads is tiresome.

Move to Venezuela. The government there has everything under control. They will take care of you.

Flame away and respond how you wish. I won't renengage in this with you as I am really making an effort to not partake in these type of discussions. Seems however though that time and time again you inject your anti-free markets tirades without any consequence and have been allowed to continue to do so for some reason....

Have at it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:24 pm 

955876 wrote:
Quote:

People complain the government is wasteful because it is. Very much so. And while that doesn't mean there isn't also waste and inneficiciency in the private sector, it in no way approaches the waste and abuse of public funds we get from the government. Excessive waste in the private sector puts companies out of business. Not so with government. Further, if a private sector company is wasteful it is unlikely it is doing so with MY or YOUR dollars. Also not true with the government.

Economics is clearly not your strong suit. You are either (A) Hugo Chavez, (b) very misinformed, or (c) both.

There are pros/cons of both sides of the economic spectrum but your constant anti-capitalism rants that you frequently inject into threads is tiresome.

Move to Venezuela. The government there has everything under control. They will take care of you.

Flame away and respond how you wish. I won't renengage in this with you as I am really making an effort to not partake in these type of discussions. Seems however though that time and time again you inject your anti-free markets tirades without any consequence and have been allowed to continue to do so for some reason....

Have at it.
Ha. You calling me uniformed? That's funny. And then the labels and ad hominem attacks start. Typical.

Business cannot ever reach the size and scope of government, but you simply don't understand scale factors and context, not to mention human nature's desire for greed and feeding the ego, which is also typical. Government and business are not the same. Government does not exist for profitability. Period. Another false equivalency feeding political ideology.

This board prohibits politics, not economics, from what I understand. Economics and politics/ partisan governance are different subjects. You know that, right? Right? If you are triggered by comments relating to capitalism, then I suggest you find a safe space, and protect yourself. Don't read comments relating to free markets. And I'll say government waste exists with both political parties, which makes the discussion non partisan, but you can't see past capitalism as "Murika!!" so therefore make the false assumption they are the same thing.

And I'll add that when you commit to belong to a "community," you have to suffer the fact that someone else is going to determine where government funds are to be allocated. Not so much in business, right? If you want to be off the grid, help yourself, but pay for and furnish your own infrastructure and subject yourself to the rules of those that own and maintain the land you squat on. This is not colonialism in the 21st century.

Last edited by COR-TEN on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:30 pm 

superk wrote:
no one said anything about efficiency

no you havent

profitablity is not the same as effeciency. Ill just stop there because I know comprehension is not at a surplus around here

conversation seems to be taboo bound. Quick, someone start posting attributes about some kid tbeyve never seen play in a conference they never watch. Speculate as to what random order said player will be taken in draft, setting into motion continued ordered speculation about similar players you dont know jack shit about.......

Actually, I think I better get back to work... :?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:33 pm 

I didnt think a bar could end up with 2 Cliff Clavens......

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:36 pm 

If Bryant had same work ethic as AB right out the gate he'd be best WR in NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:46 pm 

1) There is a fine line between politics & economics. I think you skirt that and hide behind it to a degree so that you can get your shots in then claim it was but simply economics.

2) I understand all that plenty. Your belief that the bloated apparatus of government is more efficient than the private sector is laughable and shows your level of understanding. The degree on my wall starts with an E and ends with an S. So I at least know a thing or two on the subject of Econ.

3) my overriding point was that you bring an anti-capitalism rant to threads on a frequent basis whether it's being discussed or not. Lots of the benefits you enjoy in life are because of that economic system.

4) I'm not triggered by it at all and don't need a safe space. That's not me. Shit, I'd debate the topic with you all damn day if I had the time and board rules allowed for it. Plus, I didn't attend Berkeley and don't melt in the warm sun anytime somebody has a differing opinion. I enjoy a good debate.

5) I don't have the time and board rules seem to lean in a way that I'd end up banned while you would continue to be allowed to post more bullet points from the latest Nicolas Madura press conference.

6) do as you wish. I'm just of the opinion that your rants are much closer to being political than not. If it's ok then I guess it's ok. I don't make the rules here.

And I'm really leavin it at that. Don't wish to spend the day on this and won't respond back to this topic.

Last edited by 955876 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next