It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown is a bum?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:31 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Saying he's a bum implies that he's not supporting his kids, which you don't know to be true.

I hate to break it to you, but most professional athletes are entitled douchebags not worthy of hero worship for anything but their athletic ability. Remember the small town celebrities on your high school football team? Multiple that by 1000 and you've got the ego of an NFL player. Hines Ward is one of the most beloved guys in the history of the team and, by all accounts, he's a fucking asshole in real life. Most of the time, what you see in interviews is carefully crafted and utterly false.

There are exceptions, sure. Charlie Batch seems like a decent guy, as does Chris Hoke. Ike Taylor seems cool. But if you bumped into Le'Veon Bell in a bar and spilled your drink on his shoes? I'm sure you'd come away with a story about how he's an arrogant, entitled piece of shit.

I remember meeting Greg Lloyd when I was 11 and being totally awestruck. Knowing what I know now, I don't think I'd let my kid talk to him.

I hate to sound like Nick, but if you value these guys for more than entertainment purposes, you're being naive.

Oh, I don't give a shit about these guys other than on the football field.

It just pisses me off that these are the people that kids look up to instead of someone worthy. I'm sure AB pays for his kids, he's filthy rich. That doesn't make him a good father. I have respect for the guys like Charlie Batch because that says A TON about their character.

If millions of dollars don't morph you into an asshole, you're worthy of everyone's respect. It's the offseason and this post is about a Steelers player, so it fits.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:54 pm 

SP wrote:
Apparently business is boomin

Looks like business is bangin' too. If he hasn't, he ought to name his dick Samuel L. Jackson....cause it's in everything!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:50 pm 

SteelCody is not cozy

Moral authority Monitor :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:18 pm 

I never thought I'd think this in a million suns...Steelerfury posters are currently standing on moral high ground.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:28 pm 

1 of my best friends in the world has four baby mamas...He has a great job pays his child support. He is a good father loves his kids he just doesn't believe in condoms or committed relationships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg9Q3i3jkho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:40 pm 

FC wrote:
1 of my best friends in the world has four baby mamas...He has a great job pays his child support. He is a good father loves his kids he just doesn't believe in condoms or committed relationships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dg9Q3i3jkho

"good" being a relative term, of course...

Love is sacrifice.

These situations are still not the absolute best for the kids' sake...
The limitations that such situations are subject to are directly impacted by the limits of what AB or your friend are willing to sacrifice for the sake of their own kids...
These things could have been better thought through before they decided to involve other human beings in their self-centered limitations.

Just sayin'...

Here's hoping they make the best of their situations going forward, for the kids' sake, and that we can all take note of how we should and should not treat our own situations...
...and if we have kids of our own or one day hope to, for their sake as much as ours...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:06 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Saying he's a bum implies that he's not supporting his kids, which you don't know to be true.

I hate to break it to you, but most professional athletes are entitled douchebags not worthy of hero worship for anything but their athletic ability. Remember the small town celebrities on your high school football team? Multiple that by 1000 and you've got the ego of an NFL player. Hines Ward is one of the most beloved guys in the history of the team and, by all accounts, he's a fucking asshole in real life. Most of the time, what you see in interviews is carefully crafted and utterly false.

There are exceptions, sure. Charlie Batch seems like a decent guy, as does Chris Hoke. Ike Taylor seems cool. But if you bumped into Le'Veon Bell in a bar and spilled your drink on his shoes? I'm sure you'd come away with a story about how he's an arrogant, entitled piece of shit.

I remember meeting Greg Lloyd when I was 11 and being totally awestruck. Knowing what I know now, I don't think I'd let my kid talk to him.

I hate to sound like Nick, but if you value these guys for more than entertainment purposes, you're being naive.

Outstanding post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:37 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Laying the Wood wrote:

Outstanding post

And why I've always been a big Heath and Troy fan. I'm not sure being pro athletes changed these men much at all - certainly not for the worse. In one word, HUMBLE!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:56 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Sorry, couldn't think of a more appropriate title.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/04/1 ... am-model/#

He's got two children with two different women, and recently left his pregnant (5th child) wife for an Instagram model. He's obviously an entitled piece of shit who only cares about AB. If you want to bang a bunch of hot women due to your celebrity, ya wear a fucking condom. If he wasn't a superstar WR, nobody would want him in a Steelers uniform.

End rant.

Who cares? As long as he makes my TV Show more entertaining, I don't care about those women and kids. He's not my role model, not my friend, not my brother, I never plan to have a beer with him, all he is to me is a character on my favorite TV SHOW, so as long as he performs at a high level, I want him on my team, when that stops, kick his ass to the curb with no sentimentality.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:59 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:

Why do you hate to sound like the person telling it like it is. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next