It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Antonio Brown is a bum?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:42 pm 

Sorry, couldn't think of a more appropriate title.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/04/1 ... am-model/#

He's got two children with two different women, and recently left his pregnant (5th child) wife for an Instagram model. He's obviously an entitled piece of shit who only cares about AB. If you want to bang a bunch of hot women due to your celebrity, ya wear a fucking condom. If he wasn't a superstar WR, nobody would want him in a Steelers uniform.

End rant.

Post subject: Re: Antonio Brown is a bum?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:56 pm 

If we kicked off every promiscuous player we probably wouldn't be able to field a team and professional sports would have to shut down altogether. And we don't even know what his particular situation was with those women, but hey let's just rush to judgment against a guy who had no real family structure growing up and got by sleeping on couches with whoever would take him in when he was in high school. :?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:03 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Sorry, couldn't think of a more appropriate title.

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/04/1 ... am-model/#

He's got two children with two different women, and recently left his pregnant (5th child) wife for an Instagram model. He's obviously an entitled piece of shit who only cares about AB. If you want to bang a bunch of hot women due to your celebrity, ya wear a fucking condom. If he wasn't a superstar WR, nobody would want him in a Steelers uniform.

End rant.

Hes banging your hs crush isnt he ? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:13 pm 

What does this have to do with the game of football?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:22 pm 

Apparently business is boomin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:36 pm 

Well, that's a lot of alimony and child support....no wonder he needed to get paid!

But you see this sort of thing a lot among celebrities, entertainers and pro athletes (and rich business people - look at Trump).

I'm not sure I'd say these people are more entitled or lower on the morality scale. I think when you have the means and ability to go get something new and hot, there's not a lot of incentive to work through problems or stay in an unhappy marriage. Divorce rates are over 50%, and would probably be higher if people didn't have to worry about being alone or struggle financially.

All that really matters is whether or not he's a good father.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:42 pm 

fractalsteel wrote:
What does this have to do with the game of football?

Absolutely nothing...

Unless of course you consider how character concerns might have an impact on the way the Steelers play "the game of football"... :?

Tom Brady has at least one bastard running around, and dumped the baby momma for a world famous lingerie model that out-earns him.

I'd think that qualifies him as a bum, too, but I'd wager modern society doesn't give a shit.

meh, more a tale of the times and seasons, I s'pose...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:44 pm 

Saying he's a bum implies that he's not supporting his kids, which you don't know to be true.

I hate to break it to you, but most professional athletes are entitled douchebags not worthy of hero worship for anything but their athletic ability. Remember the small town celebrities on your high school football team? Multiple that by 1000 and you've got the ego of an NFL player. Hines Ward is one of the most beloved guys in the history of the team and, by all accounts, he's a fucking asshole in real life. Most of the time, what you see in interviews is carefully crafted and utterly false.

There are exceptions, sure. Charlie Batch seems like a decent guy, as does Chris Hoke. Ike Taylor seems cool. But if you bumped into Le'Veon Bell in a bar and spilled your drink on his shoes? I'm sure you'd come away with a story about how he's an arrogant, entitled piece of shit.

I remember meeting Greg Lloyd when I was 11 and being totally awestruck. Knowing what I know now, I don't think I'd let my kid talk to him.

I hate to sound like Nick, but if you value these guys for more than entertainment purposes, you're being naive.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:47 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Saying he's a bum implies that he's not supporting his kids, which you don't know to be true.

I hate to break it to you, but most professional athletes are entitled douchebags not worthy of hero worship for anything but their athletic ability. Remember the small town celebrities on your high school football team? Multiple that by 1000 and you've got the ego of an NFL player. Hines Ward is one of the most beloved guys in the history of the team and, by all accounts, he's a fucking asshole in real life. Most of the time, what you see in interviews is carefully crafted and utterly false.

There are exceptions, sure. Charlie Batch seems like a decent guy, as does Chris Hoke. Ike Taylor seems cool. But if you bumped into Le'Veon Bell in a bar and spilled your drink on his shoes? I'm sure you'd come away with a story about how he's an arrogant, entitled piece of shit.

I remember meeting Greg Lloyd when I was 11 and being totally awestruck. Knowing what I know now, I don't think I'd let my kid talk to him.

I hate to sound like Nick, but if you value these guys for more than entertainment purposes, you're being naive.

That's pretty much it....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:01 pm 

If AB is anything like most college/NFL players I've met, he's dumber than a box of rocks and didn't think through the moral implications of his decision.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next