It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Your top 5 picks for #30
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:16 pm 

At best I think 3 OL are taken. I think two are more likely. A lot of draftniks have Forrest Lamp going in the 1st but I think he could fall out of the 1st.
I think 2 QB taken is a good number. I hope the Steelers let someone trade up to get a QB.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:44 pm 

Conley CB-ten year starter with skills to shine
Baker S-just love this guy and another long term starter and possible star
Watt LB-motor and the ability to play at multiple positions
Njoku TE- can help an offense that needs help especially in the seams
McDowell DL- surprise, but I'm not sure Tuitt is going to resign. He would be the guy to fill that spot.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:43 pm 

jebrick wrote:
At best I think 3 OL are taken. I think two are more likely. A lot of draftniks have Forrest Lamp going in the 1st but I think he could fall out of the 1st.
I think 2 QB taken is a good number. I hope the Steelers let someone trade up to get a QB.

I think Forrest Lamp is the best OL in the draft. If he doesn't go before 30, I'll eat this post.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:39 pm 

SteelyourFace wrote:
The good news is....that's a mighty long list and it is possible several will be on the board at #30. if there is a "run" on QBs, OL, WR, the odds increase.

It looks to me the most likely scenario will have the BPA available as a safety/CB/slot corner at #30. I despise reaching to fill a need so I am dead set against taking an OLB just because he is the next highest rated OLB on their board. I just don't love any of the EDGE guys well enough to believe they will be the BPA at 1.30.

Conley, Njoku, Baker, Obi, Tre White are my top 5 as a type today that are most likely to be avail at 1.30.

you are right to be concerned about OJ Howard. word around Bama was he isn't too bright so they kept things simple for him and that limited his impact. He is a gifted athlete. i am concerned that he will not understand complex passing concepts well enough to be a top flight nfl TE.

Face, I just wasn't sure who I really thought will still be on the board at 30-- I've seen a lot of names in this thread I'm fairly sure won't be there at 30. Making the full list of who I'd take, in order, seemed like the right thing to do.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:18 pm 

I am beginning to lean to the idea that the bpa is gonna be a DB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:31 pm 

As long as we don't draft an offensive player at 30, it's all good.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:03 pm 

I'm mostly with you, Cody-- I'd make an exception for Mahomes and probably Njoku... just because they might help you enough right away (backup QB for inevitable Ben missed snaps or huge upgrade in receiving target) and in the future (two future All-Pro kind of talents).

I think the tea leaves point to Marlon Humphrey. Conley and Lattimore will be gone; same with Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I'm mostly with you, Cody-- I'd make an exception for Mahomes and probably Njoku... just because they might help you enough right away (backup QB for inevitable Ben missed snaps or huge upgrade in receiving target) and in the future (two future All-Pro kind of talents).

I think the tea leaves point to Marlon Humphrey. Conley and Lattimore will be gone; same with Jamal Adams and Malik Hooker.

Thats my top guess at the moment

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:47 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Man I wish there was a way we could land Hooker. He's like a WR on defense and will likely go top 10. I would ALMOST give up three picks for him, but that's not gonna happen. I could get on board with Watt or Humphrey. Not sure Mahomes is a guy who can become the heir apparent to Ben.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:51 pm 

I love love love Mahomes. I think he's the next great NFL QB. I really do. I have him like 6th or 7th on my board for the Steelers.

I thought FC's point on the podcast about Hooker was interesting: played man coverage something like 3 times total in his college career. I think they really need a guy who can be effective in man or man responsibility, even if in off coverage.