If recent history is an example, they're probably not going to draft your guy, or even your second guy. Hell, they might draft an Artie Burns again, or a Sean Davis in the second, or a Ryan Shazier. Picks that come out of left field for most of us, lead to panic attacks, sleepless nights, and soggy diapers. So let's see who your top 5 are for pick #30:
1) Budda Baker - I don't care about his size, I just love his game and want to see him in a Steeler uniform. His best asset is his versatility. We can start him off in the slot as he's got the quick twitch and cover skills to make an impact there. He and Davis would make a great young duo going forward. A playmaker on the back end where we have an obvious need.
2) Marlon Humphrey - Most likely he's not going to be there, but he checks all the boxes for me. Big, fast, physical, young, great pedigree, will be a force against the run. Huge talent.
3) Carl Lawson - A lot to like outside of the injury history. Strength to power, can bend the edge, great physicality, smart player, can hold the edge. Think he can make an instant impact.
4) Takk McKinley - Another guy where the injury history worries you, and it's hard to truly evaluate him considering he played with that shoulder injury, but I love his quick twitch, length, and his motor is fantastic.
5) T.J. Watt - His brother may be a douche, but that's not a good enough reason not to draft him. Hard not to like his potential. The guy uses his hands like a pro, can stack blocks, and has the same motor his big bubby does. He's still got some filling out to do, but I can see why this guy has creeped into the first round in many mocks.
Lawson and watt would be tv out the window picks for me
This is not the draft to spend a high pick on a S imo....some pretty sutitable ones are gonna be around late
My 5 would be