It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Your top 5 picks for #30
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:12 pm 

I'm calling Mahommes a bust. Backyard football doesn't work in the NFL. Too much like the play of Manziel and R. Griffin.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:02 pm 

There are a lot of things to like about Mahomes, but right now he's a mechanical mess. He needs to be drafted into the right situation, with the right coaching. If he's put in a position where he's thrust on the field right away, it could be disastrous...Tim Couch disastrous. If he's allowed to learn and grow into the league, in a couple/three years, he will become the next great thing...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:29 pm 

cop1211 wrote:
I'm calling Mahommes a bust. Backyard football doesn't work in the NFL. Too much like the play of Manziel and R. Griffin.

Sorry, cop-- it's not backyard football for that kid, even though he's capable of improv. And, as for his mechanics, he throws effortlessly from any balance position or arm slot. That's actually a good thing. He's definitely going to improve in footwork but I am of the opinion that he could play right away for a coach with no ego and some balls.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:32 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
cop1211 wrote:

Sorry, cop-- it's not backyard football for that kid, even though he's capable of improv. And, as for his mechanics, he throws effortlessly from any balance position or arm slot. That's actually a good thing. He's definitely going to improve in footwork but I am of the opinion that he could play right away for a coach with no ego and some balls.

There is zero chance he gets past Arizona.....Bruce will be at the podium before they are done announcing the 12th pick ....lol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
cop1211 wrote:

Sorry, cop-- it's not backyard football for that kid, even though he's capable of improv. And, as for his mechanics, he throws effortlessly from any balance position or arm slot. That's actually a good thing.

In the defensive deficient Big 12 it is. In the NFL...not so much...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:52 pm 

You guys are so used to seeing mediocre, well-coached QB, safety-first talent that you've forgotten what a future NFL QB stud looks like. Do you have any idea what Brett Favre looked like in college?

There are some clips in this that might illuminate: