It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dan Rooney Dead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:25 am 

hes a guy whos impossible to say anything bad about..sad day in steelerville.. in fact I cant recall anyone disliking the man.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:23 am 

Kodiak wrote:
Louis Lipps Service wrote:

I clicked on the one link, read a few posts and then said "why in hell would I want to read this?"

I'm going to counter the classless bengals fans link with some class from our true rival.

http://forum.russellstreetreport.com/sh ... 4fb795376a

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:22 am 

RIP Dan Rooney. A titan of the sport.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:25 am 

As a life long Steelers fan I want to say RIP Mr. Rooney. He is truly a Titan as a human being and Owner of the Greatest Franchise in NFL History.

Ironzabo - 'If there is a Heaven and I sure hope that there is "

As an Evangelical Christian I want to say that there IS a Heaven and the way to Heaven is to accept (Yeshua Ben Elohim) Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior in your Heart & Life. Ask Yeshua to come into your life, repent of your Sins and you too will spend Eternity in Paradise with Yahweh & His Son Yeshua:) John 3:16

Dan Rooney is a Christian and did an interview with CBN (Christian Broadcasting Network) and spoke about his Faith in God:

http://www1.cbn.com/dan-rooney-its-not-about-money

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:13 am 

It's interesting listening to the national talking heads on this. They keep talking about the Rooney rule, etc. One thing that doesn't get mentioned is the hiring of Bill Nunn as a scout. I think that's a much bigger story. Here's Nunn's quote.

“The whole structure started to change,” said Mr. Nunn. “To me, Dan and Chuck were the same type of person. I don’t think they see color, and I don’t say that about a lot of people. I say that sincerely"

RIP Mr. Rooney

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:35 am 

Baltostiller wrote:
It's interesting listening to the national talking heads on this. They keep talking about the Rooney rule, etc. One thing that doesn't get mentioned is the hiring of Bill Nunn as a scout. I think that's a much bigger story. Here's Nunn's quote.

“The whole structure started to change,” said Mr. Nunn. “To me, Dan and Chuck were the same type of person. I don’t think they see color, and I don’t say that about a lot of people. I say that sincerely"

RIP Mr. Rooney

Mr. Nunn was instrumental in making the Steelers a powerhouse. That was a GREAT hire by Mr. Rooney.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:14 pm 

Owner's Box

In the owners box Art radiated power, connections. Like a Don and you don't fuck with the Don. Steelers, Yonkers Raceway, other holdings. Built an empire. Concrete block exterior, steel hands, with a marshmallow side. Feared and respected. Loved and revered.

Dan wasn't the underboss, a different leader. Never ever perceived as privileged offspring. Modest, humble, discreet, loyal, class, rationally strategic. Disciplined and stoic presence in the owners box. Witnessed it first hand. Dignity personified.

I have no significant reading on the current Rooney and some would say I have great instincts reading people. Time I met him the most distinguishing quality, he enjoyed being a Rooney, the power and wealth. In the owners box he was always Dan's kid, he graciously deferred to his dad. Pure respect. I know a lot of people have opinions of him but the truth is we're going to find out who he really is now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:34 pm 

Sad day. RIP Mr Rooney, and thanks for all you've done.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:41 pm 

R S wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

I clicked on the one link, read a few posts and then said "why in hell would I want to read this?"

I'm going to counter the classless bengals fans link with some class from our true rival.

That was classy of them. Oh, and fuck the slimeball Bengals fans.

I'm struck by how close Dan was to the players. So many of them seem so close to him and have such nice things to say. Who could forget Dan swaggin' with Ike?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:54 pm 

R S wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

Wow. Quite a stark contrast between the Ravens fans comments and the Bungles fans comments. Kudos to the Ravens fans for keeping it classy. As for the Bungles, those poor bastards will continue to be almost as bad a joke as the Browns.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next