It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Dan Rooney Dead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:13 am 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Time in the PC faculty lounge does to a man's sense of humor what feminism did to Sarah Silverman's or steroids did to Joe Piscopo's.

Some think having the outlook and temperament of a Dickensian government file clerk is a badge of honor.

I dissent from that viewpoint.

Rooney may get into heaven, the Facebook killer into hell, but PC scolds will be forever stuck in purgatory.

I also find anger over who gets into heaven and hell by people who probably don't believe in heaven and hell to be quite amusing.

Weird. Don't see anything about virtue in this post and how bad taste is not in conflict with virtue. A lazy utilitarian to the end. You're a modern cuck, Dan. Hell, I bet by modern you think I mean contemporary. Aristotle and Plato: the great champions of PC culture. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Dan Rooney Dead
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:33 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Time in the PC faculty lounge does to a man's sense of humor what feminism did to Sarah Silverman's or steroids did to Joe Piscopo's.

Some think having the outlook and temperament of a Dickensian government file clerk is a badge of honor.

I dissent from that viewpoint.

Rooney may get into heaven, the Facebook killer into hell, but PC scolds will be forever stuck in purgatory.

I also find anger over who gets into heaven and hell by people who probably don't believe in heaven and hell to be quite amusing.

Weird. Don't see anything about virtue in this post and how bad taste is not in conflict with virtue. A lazy utilitarian to the end. You're a modern cuck, Dan. Hell, I bet by modern you think I mean contemporary. Aristotle and Plato: the great champions of PC culture. :lol:

Sheesh, this thread has become Mars Hill...

And FYI Lit, et al, I refer to the ancient location...

:roll:

RIP, Mr. Rooney.
Thank you for all you left in your contrails...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8